1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to demo Camcorders????

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by dickz, Aug 20, 2003.

1. dickz

dickz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Have done quite a bit of research via the web on Purchasing my first dv camcorder, and all the suggestions point towards getting your hands on a couple of camcorders with a reputable dealer, before doing a web price search to knock circa £200 off the shop price.

However, my first dilemma is simply this, where do I find a reputable dealer who employs people that have a good understanding of dv camcorder basics, current experience is being greeted by spotty nosed 16 year olds, who have difficulty in switching the things on.

Secondly, like the look and feel of the Panasonic MX500, but have been unable to fully demo or find any good upbeat articles on this camcorder (with exception of simplydv).

Want a camcorder that produces excellent video and audio reproduction, not interested in stills, have a budget of around £1,000.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

thanks

Richard.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    Whenever I have been after any camera/videocamer equipment I always go to a Jessops. They are a bit hit & miss on the knowledge side, but they do tend to have fairly good stocks and will let you play with the models you are intersted in.
    Do your own resurch (as you have!) and then just use them to check that the camcorder fits well in your hands and is not too fiddly etc. If you like the camcorder and decide to buy it they will price match the internet as long as you have the contact details of the site. :smashin:

Mark.