• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where to by LG 60PS8000? 5-year guarantee?

topperdoggle

I posted in the owners' thread, but no joy there. I'm looking for one of these LGs as my first foray into plasmas (yes a Kuro is tempting but I'm being "practical" budget-wise...).

But it's not obvious where to buy one from. I've done a Google Shopping search and I can see Curry's have it for 1799. However, it's actually for my parents, and my dad's big on the 5-year guarantee thing ("John Lewis have a 5-year guarantee etc...").

So, can anyone recommend where I could buy one with a 5-year guarantee at best price, and also I'd be interested in hearing whether a 5-year guarantee is considered a Good Thing or a waste of money in this day and age. :)

topperdoggle

I'll reply to my own thread - found it at Dixons this week only (allegedly for 1499 down from their normal 1799). Bundled with an LG BD370 for an extra 100 quid. Hopefully I'll be a happy camper.

Oh yeah, the 5-year guarantee idea went out the window when I saw the price. They do have some extended aftercare which one can sign up to, up to a year after purchase.

Fingers crossed... :thumbsup:

mk-donald

Today PixMania (another bit of the DSG branded empire) have it at 1479ish or only 20 quid more with a BD370 player plus some shipping and some VIP card purchase potentially. Under £300 for their 5yr. Opportunities for topcashback of 4.5% ex VAT makes around net 1770 for TV + Blu-Ray + 5yr inc shipping. Pondering it despite HATING DSG (and totally boycotting Currys for ever) !!! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom