Where to buy XE1 online?

BandofBrothers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I am looking to buy the Toshiba HD-XE1 hd-dvd player. After reading up on a lot of posts and threads, it seems to still be the flagship model player?

It seems to be better than the Ep35, and have less problems overall.

I have seen the other thread with the cheap players (outlet store in Cheshire) but I am unable to get there, and it would cost a lot to get there, and hence make any possible saving neglible.

I am struggling to find a website which sells the XE1 in the UK. Amazon don't sell them any more (pixmania sells them on Amazon) but I have heard MANY bad things about pixmania.

Can anyone recommend a site to buy the XE1 from, that is in stock. The official Toshiba shop has them online, but they are ridiculously priced:eek:

Thanks for any help:):thumbsup:

Hey guys.

I am looking to buy the Toshiba HD-XE1 hd-dvd player. After reading up on a lot of posts and threads, it seems to still be the flagship model player?

It seems to be better than the Ep35, and have less problems overall.

I have seen the other thread with the cheap players (outlet store in Cheshire) but I am unable to get there, and it would cost a lot to get there, and hence make any possible saving neglible.

I am struggling to find a website which sells the XE1 in the UK. Amazon don't sell them any more (pixmania sells them on Amazon) but I have heard MANY bad things about pixmania.

Can anyone recommend a site to buy the XE1 from, that is in stock. The official Toshiba shop has them online, but they are ridiculously priced:eek:

Thanks for any help:):thumbsup:

Have a look here http://www.techstore.co.uk/browse.php?a=p&prodLineID=120459

jon

outlet store in Cheshire but I am unable to get there, and it would cost a lot to get there, and hence make any possible saving neglible.
Whereabouts are you in the UK? There is one is Ashford as well just off the M20.

Lincoln (East Midlands)

yeah I know lol, there's never any good deals locally:thumbsdow

Are you getting back into HD-DVD then? The XE1 you sold me is still working well. :thumbsup:

Are you getting back into HD-DVD then? The XE1 you sold me is still working well. :thumbsup:

Yes mate I plan on getting another XE1 asap.

The main reason I am coming back is the region free aspect, and I need the Bourne movies too :)

Glad to hear the XE1 is still working fine, how many movies you bought for it now? It really is a well built bit of kit, built like a tank :D

I have just found out that Toshiba have an Outlet store.

www.toshiba.co.uk/outlet

You have to order over the phone but they have the XE1 at £399 + £20 delivery... :hiya:

I have just found out that Toshiba have an Outlet store.

www.toshiba.co.uk/outlet

You have to order over the phone but they have the XE1 at £399 + £20 delivery... :hiya:
If you can actually pay a visit to the store it might be better - they had the XE1 for £349 a few days ago in the Ashford store.

That's a good price isn't it... I'm looking for an EP30 myself though, just thought it would help the op...

EDIT: God I wish I read posts properly. I see he already knows about the outlets...

I got mine from Pixmania, via Amazon. Have to say I had my doubts after reading some of the feedback! However, I ordered it on Boxing Day and it came on the 31st. It cost £452 with p&p, which is the cheapest I've seen it. It was a brand new sealed box and included the '300' and 'Bourne Supremacy' HDs. So no problems for me.

It was a brand new sealed box and included the '300' and 'Bourne Supremacy' HDs. So no problems for me.
For the information of anyone considering it - the XE1 sold by the Toshiba outlet stores doesn't include the two free titles (300 and Bourne). TBH I didn't think that was on offer anywhere with the XE1. The EP30 and EP35 both have them included though.

I managed to buy one on the phone today from Ashford (last one apparently)

off to get it tomorrow

:)- bit of a drive though - 69 miles each way - but going to visit Howletts with my son - while we're down there :)

Got mine today from Ashford, £349.99 delivered... Was going to charge me £50 delivery but after a while said would throw it in if I purchased it there and then... was going to do that anyway!

bugger they quoted me 30 quid delivery yesterday so decided upon pickup !

doh

oh well its only an hour and 1 /4 drive

Mark.

bugger they quoted me 30 quid delivery yesterday so decided upon pickup !

doh

oh well its only an hour and 1 /4 drive

Mark.

You won't be disappointed, a fantastic piece of kit! It just oozes class and the build quality is something else (even the remote is impressive)!

Updated firmware with no issues and spun-up a HD disk with no worries!

I did have a EP35 which worked for about 2 minutes, glad it did really now I got the XE1 (even though it cost me an extra £100).

Not sure if HD-DVD offer is valid for this, perhaps you could find out.

Just rang toshiba outlet in Cheshire (close to me) and they will only do the XE1 for £399 even though Ashford are doing it for £349 :(:confused:.

They simnply suggested phoning Ashford:rolleyes: but i wanted to pick up .

Anyone else got a deal from the Cheshire site?

Ashford have one in stock

as I just canclled the one I was to pick up today :( after Warner's annoucement

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom