1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to Buy Takeshi Kitano's Brother !!Uncut!!

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by charly_river, Oct 14, 2005.

1. charly_river

charly_river

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys (and girls of course)!

I am new to this forum and hopefully I'm in the right place.

I've been looking for an uncut DVD of "Brother" by Takeshi Kitano. On Amazon.com there are some reviews saying that there's a region 2 uk version which ought to be the best one, others say there's some japanese uncut version. Searched in Google and couldn't find anything longer than 113 min no matter whether jap or uk or thai. That's definitely cut.

Hope you guys can help me

2. mgns

mgns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi charly_river,

i'm not sure how new the below info is to you but i thought i'd post it just incase.

www.dvdcompare.net lists both the japanese and r2 uk version as uncut - but says that the r2 has a better selection of extras. www.play.com has this version for £4.99.

you may get a better response if you post this/move the thread to 'Movies and Movie Dvds' forum.

hope this helps.

mgns

3. charly_river

charly_river

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. I'd move the thread to the mentioned forum if I knew how to.

The thing with the r2 uk version is that it's only 108 min long whereas the r1 us version which is said to be cut has a duration of 114 min (ntsc that'd be approx. 112 min. pal). Did I understand anything wrong in the meaning of the word 'cut' or is there any other explanation?

thx

4. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Pal is aprox 4% faster(shorter) running time to NTSC. So the Pal release of 108mins Aprox. is the Uncut version. The R1 version had alot of the bloody bullet hits remvoed via CGI, dont think it was actually cut (footage removed) Just the silly covering up of the blood.
    Get the Uk dvd get disc and a great film.

5. charly_river

charly_river

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to all!

Just ordered the r2 uk disc. Hope I will enjoy this DVD as much as I did when I saw the film in cinema. After all the disappointments with the us-version.