Where to buy speaker cables from?

brad123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations where best to buy speaker cable at not a rip off price thanks?

I've just bought the one Mushii above recommended and works really well

As long as your runs are under 20m the 2.5mm should be fine.

And this will not limit the performance of my Denon 4400 and atmos speaker set up? Longest run will be about 10 metres.

You will be perfectly fine. Your speaker positioning will have a much more noticeable effect on your listening than speaker cable. Given all the HiFi variables, speaker cable, as long as it is of basic quality does not even figure in the equation.

And it can cope with 4k sound and atmos and the watts a denon 4400 can do yes? Sorry new to speaker stuff and dont want to compromise my kit due to speaker wire.

Daft question also banana plugs make a difference to sound quality?

Last edited:
And it can cope with 4k sound and atmos and the watts a denon 4400 can do yes? Sorry new to speaker stuff and dont want to compromise my kit due to speaker wire.

Daft question also banana plugs make a difference to sound quality?
There is no such thing as 4K sound. Any sound passed from the receiver or amp to the speakers is in the analogue domain. There will be no marked deterioration in using banana plugs.

'And it can cope with 4k sound and atmos and the watts a denon 4400 can do yes?' - the marketing guys love it when we all worry about this stuff!

As others have said all you require is a suitable gauge of decent quality copper cable. We tend to use/supply VanDamme Blue Series 2x2.5mm as it is a suitable cross section of decent copper and being 'co-axial' it bends in all directions so is easier to pull 'in wall'.

If you want a good overview of speaker cable this is worth a read - Speaker Wire

Joe

I've bought the stuff from amazon in the link, 50 metres, thank you for the advice really appreciated.

That amazon cable does anyone have any tips how to separate the 2 wires to wire into the speakers?

Hi Guys,
I am trying to buy something quite specific in terms of speaker cable...
...10AWG/0.8mm...
...which translates to 2x6mm² 99.999% OFC in layman's terms, or to put it another way...
...3.28Ω per km.
Neither Amazon or ebay are any help.
I can get 100m of the stuff from RS if I'm prepared to pay £160, but I only need 20m.
Does anyone know anyone who is cable crazy and has this stuff for sale by the meter?
I am looking to pay no more than £38.
Many thanks in advance,
Yancy.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom