where to buy sony kdl40d3000

onthejazzin77

Standard Member
Reaction score
just wondered if you good people could point me in the right direction for buying this tv. i appreciate the price comparison options are there but was just wondering if anyone knew of somewhere which offers fast delivery - free waranties etc.

cheers

1staudiovisual.co.uk have it for £811

empire direct have it for £949.99 before 10% discount.

does anyone have experience dealing with these websites?

Well I ordered the 40D3000 yesterday from Empire Direct and it will be delivered on Thursday. It's not the fastest delivery as I know a number of people on here who have had their sets delivered the day after. However, I went for Empire because of the deal they're offering which included the following:

- KDL40D3000
- Sony RDRHXD870B DVD Recorder / Hard Disk Drive
- Alphason glass TV stand
- Additional 3 year warranty

All for £899.00 plus £24.99 for delivery if needed. Bargain if you are on the lookout for a PVR / DVD Recorder and new Stand.

Check out the 10% off Empire Direct thread from yesterday for more details as I know some people struggled to active the codes and also the D3000 owners thread for maybe some info on other retailers.

:thumbsup:

I'm not aware of any express delivery for Empire Direct. There's an option to pick the goods up yourself from one of their stores or if you want the goods delivered there's a charge and it was £24.99 for the package I selected. If you order only the TV though, the delivery charge will probably be cheaper?

thanks

i am interested in your deal - is is a bundle or did you select these items and enter codes?

Its a bundle

Here's the link http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~PKG-SON-KDL40D3000U-3.htm

Here's the codes you need to enter when you add it to your cart.

Code: EM3694
Username: 10percentoff

Click update basket when you've entered the codes, however it looks like it has no effect on the price on the price as nothing changes, all you then need to do is proceed to checkout and the discount should now be showing.

Do you have an empire direct card? This is how you get the 3 year warranty, if not and you want the warranty, you need to add the card to the same basket as your TV and it will then show you have a 3 year warranty on the checkout page.

Take a look at it - you don't need to purchase at that point and also there's some other offers on which a few people on here are going for.

Hope this helps?

1staudiovisual.co.uk have it for £811

empire direct have it for £949.99 before 10% discount.

does anyone have experience dealing with these websites?

Bought mine two weeks ago from 1staudiovisual, delivery was next day and I had no issues. TV is perfect in everyway and much better than my friends W2000!

However I've also had good dealing's with ED and that package deal looks really tempting if you don't already have a PVR.

btw, I also got this stand from Argos http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5347438.htm

thats a relief to hear that mansell as I have just bought the 40d3000 from
1staudiovisual for £840 inc delivery and its the first time ive spent that much money online before and buying something like a tv from a website is a strange experience for me.

I can't get the discount code to work. I enter the code and click update but nothing happens. I proceed to checkout and get all the way to the payment details screen and the discount has still not been applied. what am I doing wrong?

David

Here's the link http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~PKG-SON-KDL40D3000U-3.htm

Here's the codes you need to enter when you add it to your cart.

Code: EM3694
Username: 10percentoff

Click update basket when you've entered the codes, however it looks like it has no effect on the price on the price as nothing changes, all you then need to do is proceed to checkout and the discount should now be showing.

Do you have an empire direct card? This is how you get the 3 year warranty, if not and you want the warranty, you need to add the card to the same basket as your TV and it will then show you have a 3 year warranty on the checkout page.

Take a look at it - you don't need to purchase at that point and also there's some other offers on which a few people on here are going for.

Hope this helps?

Ignore my last post, I have got the code to work from a voucher code site link.

David

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom