where to buy PS3 games/Movies ?????

twen

Can anyone confirm good places to buy movies/games for the PS3 that will be reasonably priced and ship to the UK ? Only one I know is yesasia.com

Jbuckman

Novice Member
I dont know 100% but im sure they would be. Its not gonna be any bigger than a amazon envelope an is more than likely to just go through as airmail?

Spoonhead

midknight

Distinguished Member
For movies www.movietyme.com are fantastic - no import etc and really good customer service.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member

Indiana Jones

Another :smashin: here for videogamesplus, cost just over £34 delivered, only took 5 days to arrive and nothing extra to pay.

TEVEZ032

Banned
so you can buy asian / japanese or us games and they will work on a UK spec (march launch) console then?

are the asian/ japanes mainstream booklets in english? I know from buying 360asian games from play-asia that they are.

g

themilkman23

Outstanding experiences with Videogames +.

Good experiences with dvdpacific and yes asia.

Bad experiences with Movietyme.

Indiana Jones

So far all PS3 games have been region free so they will work on any PS3 anywhere in the world.

As for the booklets, Asian releases might have English packaging/booklets but Japanese releases wont.

YID

Novice Member
videogamesplus :smashin: not tried anyone else yet.

iainl2005

Novice Member
Has anyone purchased a PS3 from video games plus, if so what was the shipping/customs charge?

benny

yes ordered friday and delivered monday for 127$ canadian about £57 with dhl express courier plus trackable, 1st time ive ordered with them but wont be last, the price and service was stunning:smashin:

low-def.

So PS3 games imported from videogamesplus definitely work on a uk ps3 then ?

Indiana Jones

So PS3 games imported from videogamesplus definitely work on a uk ps3 then ?

Well seeing as the UK PS3 isnt released until March there is no way to be 100% certain but the games are region free so yes they should work.

just slackin'

Well seeing as the UK PS3 isnt released until March there is no way to be 100% certain but the games are region free so yes they should work.

agree completely but it will be interesting to see what happens with the £ being so strong against the $. will sony sell any software at all in europe if things continue as they are for a sustained period.

it won't look very good if they don't make it into the games charts with any of their titles. i really don't know what they will do about it but if there is no region coding on the disks then there is no region coding on the disks so they don't have any option but to bite their bottom lip and wait for the value of the £ to drop a bit.

samat2001

Novice Member

Is it the games that are definatly region free or the consoles? I'm a bit confused because the American version of 'Resistance' says Region 1, and not 'region free'...I'm reluctant to remove the wrapper until March unless I know it'll work lol.

stu.artd

PSP games also show the region 1 or 2 symbol on them and it doesn't mean anything other than the territory it was released in.

As Indiana said though, the UK PS3 is not out yet so we can't say for sure what it'll be capable of.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...

Latest News

What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips debuts fifth generation P5 Picture Processing Suite
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Philips introduces new 9206 and 8506 LED Android TVs for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett