1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy modded Tosh 520e

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nickb23, Feb 25, 2003.

1. nickb23

nickb23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi guys,
    I want to buy a Toshiba SD-520E multi region DVD player, which i was going to get at Richer Sounds for about £220, but i was going through a friends magazine, and noticed an ad for Techtronics. They were going on about their chips being superior, plays all discs (inc RCE) etc..... They are selling one for about £250 ish.

Now my question is are the modded players from Techtronics better? Will they play more RCE's than the Richer one? I also say something about Tosh players being a bit lame when playing RCE's.

I dont mind paying the extra, if the tectronics does play all R1 DVDs, and the Richer one does not, but it is important that i can play ALL RCE's

P.S the Richer one is a chipped machine, not a handset code thing.

Any help with this subject will be truley appreciated, as i have the feeling all the bumf on the websites might be a bit biased.

Thanx

Nick B

2. chris

chris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    dvdplayers.co.uk do the 520 multi region for £198 with free delivery........and i belive that the mod used on them will play RCE....do a serch on here and there is a big theard about the 520, when people brought it just after its release.

3. Costas

Costas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +121
    nickb23,

You can also check
    http://www.webelectricals.co.uk/cgi...725604a273fac10015805f1+EN/products/1296&2D2.

It is £195 multiregion and RCE. I have bought my plasma screen, two dvd players and VCR from these people on separate occasions. Not necessarily the cheapest but the service and support was excellent. Order before lunchtime and you get it the next day at no extra charge. They will let you know if they do not deliver the next day.

Techtronics started very well some time ago but their service has fallen well below acceptable. Do a search in this forum and you will see many bad stories. Stay clear of them!