Where to buy Marantz SR4200

paulus

Ex Member
Reaction score
I've been a bit of a wally. I was planning to buy a Marantz SR4200 @ £199 from Richer Sounds after Christmas was out of the way but I seem to have left it too late. They are out of stock and the SR4200 has been superceeded by the SR4300.

Does anyone know where they can be got for £199? The SR4300 is about another £70 and I don't really need 6.1 anyway.

Cheers,

Paulus.

My two nearest branches are Norwich and Cambridge. Both are out of stock although the Cambridge shop said they had some on order but didn't know if they would receive any.

Check the special offers forum, I think someone posted a better price on the 4300.
Have you tried ringing RS's mail order, you'll have to pay a bit (£15 probably) for p&p but it might be easier to get hold of one.

I am selling mine if you are interested, still with 2 1/2 year warranty and as new. Contact me if you are interested.
Dutchie

Hi Paulus ( r u that little wood gnome??)

I was looking to buy the 4300 at £270 from RS but when I went in they reduced the price to £240 because they had no 4200 (go figure?)

That was from the Newcastle brancg but I certainly know one of the other members got one from Colchester when he told them what Ncle were doing. Not that big a jump and the x300 are supposed to have fixed some/all of the bugs found in the x200 series.

Worth a look

Regards

7ThGuest :)

Originally posted by 7ThGuest
Hi Paulus ( r u that little wood gnome??)

I didn't know Littlewoods did gnomes :D

I had read about your SR4300 Newcastle deal in another forum. The guy in Norwich certainly didn't offer that sort of deal when I phoned this morning. I might just run to £240 but I had set my budget at £200 and things can easily get out of hand. I don't have any speakers yet and the more I spend on the amp, the less there is for speakers.

I have seen the SR4200 advertised for £210 + p&p at PRC direct. I don't know if they have stock but I might just go for that.

Dutchie, I'll bear your offer in mind if I don't find one a new.

Paulus.

Hi paulus

Just another thought to consider, and believe me I do understand about budgets, but the x300 is the next generation piece of equipment.

That means, supposedly, some/all of the x200 bugs fixed - clipping etc not sure if that is the right terminology. It seems a small'ish' price to pay for some future proofing (6.1, DPLII, NEO6 etc etc) and a new piece of technology.

I must admit, however, after nearly a week that the difference between my 'old' Onkyo 575 and the 4300 is not that much more impressive. I bought this amp for musicallity which is OK but not anymore so than above.

I have reached the point even though these are 'budget amps' that I feel that a good HC amp and separates for music is the way to go (60/40 music/HC) so much so that I am returning my 4300 for a Yammy dsp ax6300 and then ,hopefully, an audiolab 8000a/s arcam 75+etc etc

Don't know if this will be, but I hope it helps.

Regards

7ThGuest :)

Yeah I gave them a Call and Ordered Over the Phone.
Ordered on Friday 3rd Jan - Recieved it Tuesday 7th Jan

Originally posted by IanW1977
Yeah I gave them a Call and Ordered Over the Phone.
Ordered on Friday 3rd Jan - Recieved it Tuesday 7th Jan

Thanks for that Ian. I'll wait for them to phone me to arrange delivery.

Paulus

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom