1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy Marantz CD6000 KI

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by vexorg, Apr 11, 2003.

1. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Richer sounds Belfast & Hyperfi.co.uk have the above CD player advertised at £199 and Hyperfi have the 6010 - KI amp advertised at 189.

Seems to be a lot less expensive than other retailers most at £300 plus.

Of course neither store has any in stock, anyone spotted it elsewhere closer to the 199 mark?

Thanks

Vex.

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    I did a bit of hunting around some weeks ago before I opted to go with my Arcam and the cheapest I could find it for was £299 at prc direct.
    Doesn't it seem a bit strange that they do not have the item in stock at this marvelous price?- or am I getting cynicle in my old age? I suppose they could of sold out!
    R u sure the price was for a new boxed version or was it S/H or a demo model?
    If the price is accurate why not ask if they'll put one to one side for you when they get more in. Give it an audition and purchase if your happy.

:devil:

3. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hyperfi rarely have anything in stock that they advertise at these mouthwatering prices - and the CD6000ki is all but unobtainable for less than £300 - even s/h it is bringing in £250+. Hyperfi continue to advertise these products though while not stocking them.:mad: I have personally been told and so have others i know, that they will not be getting any more in.

The 6000 range is due to be discontinued though, and due to the high acclaim of the KI, prices are likely to stay around the £300 mark new IMO

4. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    My local Richer Sounds was advertising the PM6010 KI amp for £200, although again whether they've got any is another matter. They may even have the 6000 KI CD player, but I didnt check for that.

5. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some of those prices do seem to be too good to be true... pity really.

What alternatives would people recommend for around £400 (€600) for cd player and a stereo amp... any now for the girlie bit (sorry girls)... and comes is gold to match my 3803... (oh the embarrassment of that last part - but it feels so good to have said it).

6. WhyAyeMan

WhyAyeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    Your ruling out a lot of amps and cd players if you *must* have gold mate...

To be honest, at the £400 mark, most CD players are much of a muchness, you have Marantz, Rotel, NAD, Arcam etc, all are very good IMO, and it will be down to taste more than anything else, but its likely they'll all sound fairly similar.

The amp choice, well, even at its original £380 price, the PM6010KI from what I've heard would easily get outgunned by some of todays players - such as the Rotel RA-01/02, NAD C370, Rega Brio, etc all of which are muscular, powerful amps that I would imagine would show the Marantz a thing or two about drive.

Its up to you though at the end of the day...

7. vexorg

vexorg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thx for the advice... Im not really stuck on Gold... Ill have a read up on some of the players and amps you suggested, up to this I have just listened to cds on a DVD player and prologic amp and before that pioneer bookself system...

Must do a bit more reading and get some demos, at least I can get a demo of HIfi gear here in Ireland.

Thx again ... further advice/recommandations appreciated....

Vex.

8. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you considered the CD6000 OSE version, I know www.superfi.co.uk are selling this for £250.

Alternativelty look on ebay, I've seen a few sold on there recently but they usually go for £300-350.

BTW, why are the 6000 series being discountinued? Are they introducing a new range or something?

9. cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are focusing their attention on the AV market like a lot of other companies. More profits to be made:smoke: Not sure what, or more precisely 'when' any replacement will arrive...

10. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if Marantz will make a DVD-Audio player, or have they already?

11. Budge

Budge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Picked the latest What Hi-fi up in Smiths today, they're advertising the 6000KI at £299 in the Richer Sounds advert.

Have you tried their mail order dept?

12. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Werent they more into SACD?

ad