Where to buy LF/HF bridge?

TopSecret81

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can someone point me in the right direction to buy a bridge as my amp won't bi-wire. I have searched google but must be using the wrong terms, Acoustic Energy speakers.

Just use two short lengths of speaker cable. Most people remove the bridges and replace them with speaker cable anyway. Most hi-fi shops will give you a sample of cable if you ask them: if you literally have no spare cable.

Thanks, I'll give it a try, does it matter what width the wire is? Shall I strip the wire and wrap it around or shall I place it between the connectors?

You can get these pre-made or make them yourself, or possibly have them made.

I made these myself -

302792d1333126941-how-connect-floorstanders-i64-ring1as.jpg

302790d1333126929-how-connect-floorstanders-i62-term2as.jpg

The posts, that is the center pins of the speaker terminals should have holes in them. Depending on the size of the wire, you can get two bare wires to go through one hole. So, it is not necessary to wrap the wire, simply push it through the hole and tighten the nut down.

The above can be done with Spade terminals too, but I like the Ring Terminals on the Jumpers because they can't fall off.

302793d1333126951-how-connect-floorstanders-i65-spade1as.jpg

Steve/bluewizard

The Spade terminals are Monster Cable brand, and they don't require solder, plus they are reasonably cheap, AND I'm pretty sure they come in Spade, Banana, and Ring terminals.

The Ring terminals I used are low cost gold-plated audio, but you can buy common electrical ring (or spade) terminals at any hardware or building supply store. You just need to make sure that they will fit your speaker terminals. Mine are 5/16 inch which is what was required for my terminal posts. Other might be able to use 1/4 inch.

Steve/bluewizard

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom