Where to buy Kill Bill (Japanese)

Chewy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

My first post :)

I've been having a look for the Japanese version of Kill Bill, It's £23.99 at movietyme. Just wondering if this is the best price I'm going to find.

Thanks a lot

Chewy

That's not a Japanese DVD it's an R3 creatively (if you ask me) advertised as "the uncut Japan Version". Yes it may well be the same uncut film the Jap R2 includes but it's not the Japan R2 release, it's an R3 from Taiwan or Hong Kong or somewhere else a lot cheaper to get discs from. While £15-99 delivered may prove to be a bargain I'll wait and see what CDWow stock an R3 for ('cos they're bound to I hope!) Has anyone found a genuine Jap R2 for sale any cheaper than Movietyme (£23-99)? Yesasia have it for 21-23 + postage (+import?).

Dan

Has anyone found a genuine Jap R2 for sale any cheaper than Movietyme (£23-99)? Yesasia have it for 21-23 + postage (+import?).

yes from www.dvdfromasia.com but as anyone used this site
is it ok?

When I do a search for Kill Bill on www.dvdfromasia.com it returns two discs, a cut and an uncut at 11quid and 13quid but both are Region 3 from Thailand. Sod it if I use up any more electricity trying to source a cheaper R2 Jap than Movietyme it'll completely eat through my "savings" - I'm gonna order from old faithful.

Dan.

Originally posted by Dan Smiffy
Has anyone found a genuine Jap R2 for sale any cheaper than Movietyme (£23-99)? Yesasia have it for 21-23 + postage (+import?).

Dan

no import duty with yesasia :smashin: (if that's what you mean)

As a token of appreciation, YesAsia.com will now pay the VAT (Value Added Tax) and custom duties for orders shipped to the United Kingdom by Standard Shipping method. In other words, customers choosing the Standard Shipping method for their orders to UK can enjoy VAT-FREE offer at YesAsia.com.

Free Shipping too if you can find over US$49 to order

I've read that when watching the English language track on the Japanese DVD version of Kill Bill, Will the Japanese dialogue have English subtitles.

Is this true :confused:

Although I want to see the uncut version, not being able to know what characters are saying puts me off a bit.

yes if you turn the subs on at the right point.. it will not flash them up like the US/UK releases..

Matt

In this thread on the MovieTyme forum http://www.dvdlifestyle.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2688 it says you can't turn subs on and off on the fly, instead you have to have them on for the whole film (inc. having English subs on the English speaking bits?!) to get subs when it goes Japanese. That's a bit of a pain, I've never had to use the subtitle button on my remote but at last I'd have a reason to but I can't (aparently?)

Dan.

Dvdslimited.com have had there box set numbers confirmed and they still have some available now priced £59.99-BE QUICK
seems cheap compared to yesasia now!!!

Originally posted by Dan Smiffy
In this thread on the MovieTyme forum http://www.dvdlifestyle.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2688 it says you can't turn subs on and off on the fly, instead you have to have them on for the whole film (inc. having English subs on the English speaking bits?!) to get subs when it goes Japanese. That's a bit of a pain, I've never had to use the subtitle button on my remote but at last I'd have a reason to but I can't (aparently?)

Dan.

I think someone is mistaken regarding not being able to change subs on the fly. In fact my r3 version of dances with wolves has this exact same predicament, i.e when the indians are speaking you need to manually select the english subs. But they work just fine on the fly, and can be switched on and off easily with the remote.

The only way you would not be able to turn the subs on and off is if the dvd had a completely different version of the film for each lanuage with burnt in subs, and that's not going to be the case.

Yeah I'd've thought the same thing, but the chap that posted the offending "you can't mix 'n match subs" post is an Admin so I assumed he'd be fairly knowledgeable? ;)

Originally posted by ferris57

The only way you would not be able to turn the subs on and off is if the dvd had a completely different version of the film for each lanuage with burnt in subs, and that's not going to be the case.

Ferris

A lot of the Universal R1 discs have the 'on the fly' option switched off.

I just pre-ordered this from movietyme.com. It's the first dvd i've ever pre-ordered from anywhere.

I'll be happy with this release as long as it has the following -

1. Uncut and in colour where the UK version was B&W

2. No burnt in jap subs

3. Subs that I can either switch on all the way through the movie or on the fly using the remote

4. The option to watch the movie in English with no subs.

Ferris
A lot of the Universal R1 discs have the 'on the fly' option switched off.

oh right... I stand corrected then :)

really hope this isn't the case with kill bill :(

ive preordered the LIMITED EDITION of discemporium who say they will try there best to source it for me would I be better to order it of dvd's limited.

well,as dvdslimited have definite stock numbers and still available as of today!,it all depends how much money you want to spend??

if i do end up with two it should be easy enough to flog on ebay

The site i was reading stated it had 2 minutes additional footage which was cut from the UK and American releases, anyone know if this is true or not ?

I heard the same re- the Asian discs having 2mins extra footage, but rather than being cut stuff it's material Tarantino has added to the Jap R2 and R3 releases - the MPAA didn't cut Kill Bill (although they might have done had the B&W bit been in colour) - they left uncut the version that was provided to them and ditto did the BBFC. So yes the Asian versions have had 2mins of extra violent shots added (apparently), but they're not shots that were cut out of our local Euro or US editions.

...Says me, and I've not seen any version of it yet?! :(

Dan

Hello.

Is the R2 Jap: Standard Edition, from Movietyme, the full uncut 113 min version?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom