1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to buy iscan pro?Is it as good as htpc?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by woody183, May 28, 2002.

1. woody183

woody183

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where can you buy the iscan pro? I have the panny but dont want to use my pc (in a different room).Does the iscan give the same pic quality as a htpc?One other question is .. If i do use the iscan is there any problems with the sound being out of sinc?

cheers woods!

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,399
    It depends on the resolution you are wanting to use. HCPCs will do a variety of resolutions and most people like to use higher resolutions like 800x600 and 1280x720. I don't believe the IScan can do these resolutions. I'm not sure, though. Therefore if the best resolution for your display device is beyond the IScan's capability then it's not even an option worth considering.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    An Iscan has excellent de-interlacing capabilities. Even fed by the best DVD player it is unlikely to get the level of detail you would with a PC though.

Using it with a Panny? ae100 or plasma, is likely to offer superior performance to a direct feed from a DVD or other sources.

In instances where there are already lipsync issues on the source material, ie badly mastered DVD's or dodgy Sky broadcasts, the field buffering used by the I scan may result in noticeable audio delay...but only on very rare occasions I'd think.

I sell them.

Gordon