Where to buy iPhone PAYG?

Bluefusion

Standard Member
Looking to buy a iphone PAYG. The 3 options seem to be

1. Apple
2. O2
3. Carphonewarehouse

Is there any benefits over choosing one over the other to make the purchase, or are they pretty much like-for-like?

bobbytoad

Apple Apple Apple
Great FAST delivery (ignore the 5 days on website) mine shipped next day
Great customer services, mine started cracking after a couple of days. One phonecall new one sent out FOC courier collected old one Great
Plus in these hard times, :D You can get 3% cashback through quidco by and apple store online

more importantly less of your hard earned pennies go to O2 :thumbsup:

Mr_Wistles

Distinguished Member
Second the above. Bought a 3GS last week through quidco, tracked straight away and it shipped with firmware 3.0!!

DannyBoy1

would have to say apple got a contract 16g 3g video playback wasn't working on it brought it back to the carphone wharehouse they said they could send it off but i'd be without a replacement until it came back or i could take it to an apple outlet where they'd exchange it then and there(which they did).
I would only ever buy an iphone direct from apple at the end of the day it probably doesn't make any difference where you get the phone from but phones go wrong all the time and when they go wrong the phone companies don't care and won't help whether you go instore or phone them up, apple will fix the problem end off. I now feel it's just common courtesy to buy the product from them and i will from now on.:hiya:

millss

Standard Member
Hi

If you purchase direct from the Apple store do you need to do anything special to the phone, change any settings etc and does it automatically come with free o2 sim or do you have to purchase that separately.

I would like to know how easy it is to set the phone up.

Thanks

Bluefusion

Standard Member
Thankyou for all your posts above.

I think I will make my purchase from Apple direct for the Iphone and then sell the PAYG sim that comes with it on ebay for around the £35 they seem to be going for and use one of the O2 simplicity Sims with Web bolt on as its better value for me.

Thanks everyone.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom