1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where To Buy in Tottenham Court Road

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Phil_H20, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Phil_H20

Phil_H20
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone my first post.

I am looking to buy a Panasonic DVX100 & accessories & wonder if anyone knows any good shops in TCR with a website if possible as i would like to hold the camera before purchase.

Thanks for any help forthcoming

Phil_H20

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,403
    Several years ago, before the internet really took off in this country I bought a lot of HiFi/AV/camera gear from TCR including my current Sony TRV-900 camcorder. Since then I have found that they only tend to be a little, if any cheaper than any other high street. My best advise to you would be to find the cheapest possible internet price you can (as you seem to have already decided on what to buy) and take a printout of the details to a Jessops to hold the cam before you buy. If you still want that cam then Jessops will pricematch the internet once proof of the price has been supplied to them.

Mark.

3. Dave Hartnell

Dave Hartnell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jessops are not always prepared to price match ! They had a Sony DCRPC103 at £650 and I found it at £410 on the web so they phoned HQ...the nearest they were prepared to go was £550 ! Barclaycard do a price match if you pay with the Bclycd CC and they are also aware that Jessops will not price match everything. Incidently Jessops will only consider pricematching British internet companies and not overseas cos even if they have UK web addresses. Pixmania is one they will not touch.

4. belgrade

belgrade
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am currently having the same problem as Dave.
    Jessops called me back this morning to say they would only go as low as £550 on the pc103.
    I thought they would have to price match, if the offer i found was in stock, and from a UK based company. Do they not have to abide by the terms of their price match policy???

Regarding the Barclaycard price match. Am I likely to encounter any problems/objections from BC if I buy from Jessops for £550 today, and then inform BC that I have found it cheaper on the web. Is this a long drawn out process?

Thanks in advance:)

5. Phil_H20

Phil_H20
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help to those that gave a reply.

But the best advice is to buy What Camcorder and look through the ads.

Message for belgrade PRC are selling that model for £394.95 their website is http://www.prcdirect.co.uk do a search for that model.

It may even be cheaper elsewhere.

Best £3.99 i ever spent

Phil_H20