1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to buy hd-dvds

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mickey, Feb 21, 2005.

1. mickey

mickey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +265
    Hi guys just had a look over the weekend at all the demos around of hi-def films and stuff and was totally blown away by the picture on my ae700 pj just through a cheap 10m vga lead!, so does anyone know where they can be purchased ,and also will they just play in my normal pc dvd drive, and finally i think i read somewhere you have to get them authorised online to view them? is this correct?. cheers for any help. Mike

2. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nowt "official" will be available until the Autumn time (approx street date - at the earliest) when we'll start to see HD-DVD stuff. Your DVD drive will not be able to play that material - a new drive will be required.

You can get WMV-HD stuff right now which will play from your DVD drive but a) you'll need a fast enough processor to play the 1080 stuff (P4- 2.8) and some of the films have online DRM verification. There are workarounds to this server registration - although I haven't yet tried it. There are German WMV-HD releases which I don't know too much about (DRM etc) - others on these boards have bought them so they'll be able to provide a greater insight.