Where to buy goat meat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjn

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Apart from online, and Halal shops, where can i buy goat meat?

Beef - Meat
Pork - Meat Jr
Venison - Hunting Meat
Lamb - Appetizer Meat
Chicken - Children's Meat
Turkey - Holiday Meat
Goat - Terrorist Meat

My goodness, was in Kenya with a large group and we bought two goats for a spit roast, only thing was they were very much alive! Two volunteers from the group had to slaughter them, held the goats between their legs, lifted the head up and slit their throats.

It was absolutely horrific to witness and it was the noise more than anything that will stay with me but I guess it is good to really appreciate where our meat comes from.

Actually, on the same trip we went to a restaurant called carnivore in Nairobi where I tried all sorts including ostrich, camel and crocodile, they come around straight off the grill and carv it on to your plate. Well worth a visit.

I know exactly where my meat comes from.....

However, going to see if any farm shops round here have any. Local butchers are only interested in goat, if you buy the whole thing!

Anyway, i made my Jamaican Curry with beef in the end. It was lovely, but goat would have fantastic i think.

Anyway, i made my Jamaican Curry with beef in the end. It was lovely, but goat would have fantastic i think.
Mutton would have been a closer alternative if it that's what you were making.

I know exactly where my meat comes from.....

However, going to see if any farm shops round here have any. Local butchers are only interested in goat, if you buy the whole thing!

Cooked slowly you can't beat it.

Yes, our local chilled curry emporium sells a mutton curry. Far more flavoursome than lamb.

My goodness, was in Kenya with a large group and we bought two goats for a spit roast, only thing was they were very much alive! Two volunteers from the group had to slaughter them, held the goats between their legs, lifted the head up and slit their throats.

It was absolutely horrific to witness and it was the noise more than anything that will stay with me but I guess it is good to really appreciate where our meat comes from.

Come to China, you pick your chicken/fish and they kill it and cook it, now that's fresh.

Goat meat is a staple of the Caribbean/African/Asian areas in London and is available everywhere here in north London. Cooked properly it is tasty, especially Jamaican style, in curries/soups etc.
In east London (Ridley Road market, Dalston) you can buy fresh African giant land snails. Ugly big mothers that just look wrong to eat (See piccy below :)) and that's not to mention the illegal bush meat that sometimes get past the HsE? in some of the African shops there.

DSCF1623.jpg

Last edited:
Goat meat is a staple of the Caribbean/African/Asian areas in London and is available everywhere here in north London. Cooked properly it is tasty, especially Jamaican style, in curries/soups etc.
In east London (Ridley Road market, Dalston) you can buy fresh African giant land snails. Ugly big mothers that just look wrong to eat (See piccy below :)) and that's not to mention the illegal bush meat that sometimes get past the HsE? in some of the African shops there.

View attachment 470113

That's a blast from the past for me.
Changed quite a lot since the early 90's and see the 24/7 Bagel shop has now gone along with the hot chestnut seller ha :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom