1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy Elac speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by MarkE19, Aug 10, 2002.

1. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    I have seen a reveiw in 'What TV & video' mag. highly rating the Elac 208 front, 207 rear & 201 centre speakers.

So, wher can I go to hear them, and even more importantly where can I get a good price on them.
    I have tried just about evey HiFi shop on Tottenham Court Road, but most people haven't even heard of Elac.
    I live on the edge of London and Essex, so any retailer close to this area would be great to listen to them, but any web retailer with a good price would be nice.
    Any other suggestions for speakers around £1500 would be gratly appreciated (front, rear and centre and if possible a sub).

Thanks,
    Mark.

2. mrblue

mrblue
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,392
    Thanks for your help mrblue:)

I have already tried unbeatable. They do sell Elac, but not the series 2.:confused:
    Audio-T looks a good be though, and the Brentwood store is not too far, so I'll give them a shout.

Thanks again,
    Mark.

4. Bert Coules

Bert Coules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    Does anyone else remember the design for DIY speaker enclosures using a single full-range Elac drive unit published in HiFi News magazine many years ago? The quality of the finished unit was quite astonishingly good; my pair did sterling service for me for a very long time.

The magazine was inundated with requests for details of where to get the driver units; I was lucky - Elac had a factory just round the corner from where I was living at the time.

Ah, nostalgia. It's not what it was...

Bert
    www.bertcoules.co.uk