1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to Buy Dvd's in Florida

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by soulbrother michael, Mar 11, 2001.

1. soulbrother michael

soulbrother michael

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to florida on holiday in a couple of week's,do'es anyone know or can recommend any good places to buy from.i will be staying in kissimee for two day's only.(going on a cruise and just stopping in florida for two days)

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Stay away from Best Buy and the major outlets, I found a record [yes record] shop in West Palm Beach where they had a reasonable selection of titles, but not the very lates ones. If you had been flying, your best bet is at the airport, I checked it out on the way there. I had to get a connecting flight from Chicago O'Hare and there were a few outlets there.
    I think you have to be a local to know where the best deals are in America.
    Sorry I can't offer anything more.

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The cheapest place that I could find there about 18 months ago was Wal-Mart. To be honest though, Box Office (who I was using at the time) were still cheaper. Still bought over 20 discs though! [​IMG]

------------------
    www.baldyplex.com

4. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I bought loads from Florida the last 2 times i've been. I bought stuff from Best Buy ( Nightmare On Elm Street box set for a pretty good price, Virgin at down town Disney - they can be a bit expensive (kinda like ours) but the sale stuff cvan be quite good, they had The Mummy and The Matrix for $19.99 when they came out which worked out okay.

Theres a place at one of the shopping malls called Blowout Video and they're pretty good but i can't remember which Mall it was. Might have been Lake Buena Vista, actually i think it was.

If you're going with Virgin Holidays then they do a shopping trip around the malls and you'll probably be a ble to get a few good prices. I wish i'd got Sometimes They Come Back for about $12.99. I know it's low budget but i enjoyed it.

The first time i bought 24 films but last year i was good...and only bought 15! [​IMG]

Have a good time, you lucky dawg!

------------------
    "People think I'm crazy, in which case I'm f****d and nobody wants to work with me, Or they think I'm faking to draw a psycho pension, in which case I'm f****d and nobody wants to work with me. Basically, I'm f****d."

5. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Forgot to mention Best Buy had the price wrong on Caddyshack Anniversary edition and it only cost me $9.99.

Upon watching it again i'm quite pleased about that.

------------------
    "People think I'm crazy, in which case I'm f****d and nobody wants to work with me, Or they think I'm faking to draw a psycho pension, in which case I'm f****d and nobody wants to work with me. Basically, I'm f****d."

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try the Blockbuster stores in the small local shoping malls.They have pre-viewed DVDs at very good prices.Each store seems to make its own price up, so shop around.
    Good luck
    Peter

7. meva

meva

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I went to Kissimmee in January and only bought 2 DVDs (I used to buy loads of laserdiscs in years past).The odd bargain can be found but generally after you've added the sales tax it's cheaper to buy them on the web fron this country.If you love movies though make sure you visit Universal Studios,The Incredible Hulk rollercoaster is fantastic!There are no outlets like Ken Cranes in the Orlando area that I've found.

[This message has been edited by meva (edited 14-03-2001).]

8. Len

Len

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The big Wal-Mart is where you'll find some very cheap DVD's but it is a bit like Asdas where you'll find half the discs at bargain prices you've already got. However I did buy Suicide Kings there for $7 and that was an absolute bargain.

9. Elephant Man

Elephant Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Best Buys is the best,wal-mark and big K are okay.

Virgin have the largest selection I've every seen, but thery are too pricy.