1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy Da-Lite screens?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jsadts, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jsadts

jsadts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I am living in Denmark, but due to high prices, I am looking into buying a Da-Lite screen from abroad. I am mostly interested in an electrical/motorized screen with the High Contrast Matte White material for an LCD projector. Probably going to be around 92" in diameter or 80" in width (16:9 format).

So, where have you been getting your Da-Lite screens from (and how much did you pay)?

BTW when Da-Lite states the screen width is 80", does that include the black borders (so that the actual whiteish surface, i.e. viewing area is less than that in width)?

Thanks! :)

- jsadts

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Hi jsadts

Try http://www.direkt2u.co.uk/ I use the modelb pull down 80" wide 16:9 screen with an extra 12" drop, I payed approx £250 delivered.
    The size of the da-lite screen is the white area, it does not include the border.

3. jsadts

jsadts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tim,

and thanks for your reply. Are you sure about the width of the visible/white area? Could I get you to measure yours and state what the total width (incl. black borders) is and what the stated width was from Da-Lite.

Some other screen manufacturers list the width as the total width, that is why I'd really like you to double-check.

Thanks!

- jsadts

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Total screen width including black border is 84" (214cm) approx

Here is the screen I purchased >

GVP8045
    Grandview pull down screens HDTV format (16 to 9)

203 cms x 114 cms (80 ins x 45 ins) Matte White with black backing. Suitable most projectors. Black borders. £212.80

I had to double check this myself with direkt2u before purchasing.