Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Where to buy Da-Lite screens?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jsadts, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jsadts

jsadts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I am living in Denmark, but due to high prices, I am looking into buying a Da-Lite screen from abroad. I am mostly interested in an electrical/motorized screen with the High Contrast Matte White material for an LCD projector. Probably going to be around 92" in diameter or 80" in width (16:9 format).

So, where have you been getting your Da-Lite screens from (and how much did you pay)?

BTW when Da-Lite states the screen width is 80", does that include the black borders (so that the actual whiteish surface, i.e. viewing area is less than that in width)?

Thanks! :)

- jsadts

2. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Hi jsadts

Try http://www.direkt2u.co.uk/ I use the modelb pull down 80" wide 16:9 screen with an extra 12" drop, I payed approx £250 delivered.
    The size of the da-lite screen is the white area, it does not include the border.

3. jsadts

jsadts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Tim,

and thanks for your reply. Are you sure about the width of the visible/white area? Could I get you to measure yours and state what the total width (incl. black borders) is and what the stated width was from Da-Lite.

Some other screen manufacturers list the width as the total width, that is why I'd really like you to double-check.

Thanks!

- jsadts

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Total screen width including black border is 84" (214cm) approx

Here is the screen I purchased >

GVP8045
    Grandview pull down screens HDTV format (16 to 9)

203 cms x 114 cms (80 ins x 45 ins) Matte White with black backing. Suitable most projectors. Black borders. £212.80

I had to double check this myself with direkt2u before purchasing.