Where to buy Cube Component Cables?

talizker

Can anyone tell me where I can get a Component Cable for my US Game Cube from (Nintendo or 3rd Party). I would prefer a UK site/shop but anywhere will be OK.

One thing I haven't been able to find anywhere on the Net - is there any difference in qualilty (picture) between the Nintendo Brand cable and a 3rd Party one?

Thanks;)

N

NeoBlade

The component cables are not sold in Europe full stop... Unless they have bought it directly from Japan and sell them on themselves. Its best to either pop down to www.lik-sang.com or www.tronixweb.com for the cable.

As for a comparison... I haven't touched the 3rd party cable, only Nintendo's official one. Its very well built and is worth the cash IMO. Only opt for the 3rd party if you want it on the cheap side.

groundy

Standard Member
Originally posted by talizker

One thing I haven't been able to find anywhere on the Net - is there any difference in qualilty (picture) between the Nintendo Brand cable and a 3rd Party one?

3rd Party Component Video Cables for the Gamecube currently do not exist. Only Official Nintendo ones are available. As Neo said, these are of the highest quality and worth the cash. The reason why 3rd Party cables do not exist is because the Cable itself has a very clever piece of electronics inside, namely the DA Chip, without which RGB would not be possible from an import Gamecube.

I recommend Tronixeb or http://www.ncsx.com for all orders.

talizker

Thanks for the info. I have delt with NCS a long time ago and were great. Is either company any better when it comes to avoiding Duty/Tax (grrrrrr!).

groundy

Standard Member
Originally posted by talizker
Thanks for the info. I have delt with NCS a long time ago and were great. Is either company any better when it comes to avoiding Duty/Tax (grrrrrr!).

NCSX are by far the most import friendly company around. Mind you, if all you order is a Component Cable - you shouldn't get hit for tax no matter where you purchase from. Go with NCSX and choose Global Priority Flat Letter shipping option. You should have it within 3 days.

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom