Where to buy choice?

eddgreen25

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Need a apple display 27ins
We're to buy Apple online or Argos
Will buying direct be a advantage for me

the only real difference is that if you buy from Apple, they have a no quibble 14 day return period, even if you have opened the box. I know Argos have their 14 or is 16 day return period as well, but not sure if its as flexible. Plus, with the amount your spending, delivery will be free via Apple, I think there is still a charge for delivery with Argos.

If you are buying at the Apple store, there are a couple of things that could save you a little more.

If you know someone in education or are in further education yourself, you can go through the education store - accessible through the website on the left hand side.

Then if you go through an affiliate link like quidco (just need to sign-up, click on the merchant and then your purchase is tracked and you get 3% back currently).

Let me know if you need further info.

Incidentally, there are two versions of the monitor. The newer one is a thunderbolt one. They seem to be the same price. Depending on what mac you have, I'd definitely recommend the thunderbolt one. I'm sure you can use it on older kit with adapters, but it's sure to hold it's value better than the older model.

Enjoy it when you get it.
Graham

Hi, FYI blue max 2, Thunderbolt will only work with Thunderbolt compatible machines. If you have a MiniDisplayPort, then you'll need that version. Hope this is helpful!

Hi, FYI blue max 2, Thunderbolt will only work with Thunderbolt compatible machines. If you have a MiniDisplayPort, then you'll need that version. Hope this is helpful!

Interestingly reading this article:
What you need to know about Thunderbolt | Macworld

It states:
"What type of physical connection does Thunderbolt use?

Conveniently enough, Thunderbolt uses a connector that fits the Mini DisplayPort port on all recent Macs. In fact, the newest MacBook models include only a Thunderbolt port—there’s no separate Mini DisplayPort port."

But obviously do your research and make sure it is compatible with what you have.

Think I'd rather get a new machine if I was investing that much cash in a monitor though.

Graham

15 miles doesn't seem very far at all! 20-30 minutes in the car?

What about approved resellers (PC World or one of the independents)

No car
I'm a carer 24/7
I'll order at argos online next week
Thanks everyone

eddgreen25 said:
No car
I'm a carer 24/7
I'll order at argos online next week
Thanks everyone

That's the thing. We all assume everybody is in the same situation as us, with access to a car and the time to invest too.

I am sure that no offence was meant, just that 15 miles wasn't that far compared to the distance some of us are from the nearest Apple Store. Your situation soon puts it into perspective!

Apple and Argos have the same price, Apple provides 3% cash back and Argos for today only 1.5%....Easy choice I would have thought, just order through Apple. Not just because it is cheaper, I'd also prefer their customer service to Argos...But hey each to their own...

thanks comet now have it £100 cheaper £799
should i be aware when its such a price drop

I have just looked on the website and i dont see a £799 imac so i would imagine if you saw that instore it would be an old clearance model

Can a mod edit the title to "where" rather than "we're" as it currently doesn't make sense?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom