Where to buy car battery?

dmx005

Can anyone recommend an online store to buy a replacement car battery for my Clio? My local store want nearly £70 and that seems a bit crazy, especially for a 2nd car that doesn't get used too much.

I've found loads of online stores with prices from about £35 but just want to make sure before I buy..

Any recommendations?

accyuklad

Banned
well when they send a battery online it should be well packaged so it dont get damaged so i dont think you get any problems just make sure you get the right correct battery for your engine

Jay J

Halfords.

Their own Calcium batteries are said to be very good and come with a 4 year warranty. I think they are now selling Bosch Silver ones which are even better with a masive 5 year Guarantee, but are more expensive.

stainless-steel

Halfords.

Their own Calcium batteries are said to be very good and come with a 4 year warranty. I think they are now selling Bosch Silver ones which are even better with a masive 5 year Guarantee, but are more expensive.

Hmm,

Halfords own brand SilverCalcium for a 1.6 clio : £72.99

Varta SilverCalcium from Tayna for a 1.6 clio: £41.85

Same specification battery in terms of Ah, cranking power and warranty, the cheaper of the two by a well known brand, I know which one I'd go for.

Make sure you check the fitment for your specific car whatever you order, I just searched for a 1.6 clio to get those prices.:smashin:

Edit, no affiliation to Tayna, just a happy customer!

dmx005

Thats brilliant, thanks.
I think I'll give Halfords a miss on this occasion and go for something a little cheaper. :smashin:

lynx

Senior Moderator
Costco, Bosch silver battery.

DVD-Man

Distinguished Member
I'd recommend an Exide Battery, had them as replacements and they have never given me trouble, one was fitted to a Fiat Cinquecento which I left the stereo on low volume for a day and it still started.

Liam

IronGiant

Coincidentally I ordered a battery from Tayna for a Laguna only last night, a similar price differential to that stainless quoted. It shipped today and hopefully will arrive tomorrow, I'll let you know how I get on :thumbsup:

Dave

Last edited:

IronGiant

Arrived 11:00 this morning, popped it in and away we went :thumbsup:

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom