• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Where to buy an iPhone 5 cable from???

stefanr

I have recently gone through three ebay retailers to buy new iphone lightning to usb cables at various lengths, the last one sold me three for £4.

NONE of the cables have worked with my phone and before you all say 'what do you expect' I have since been on the Apple UK store and all their cables have been slated for being cheap, shoddy or don't work at all, even the Griffin cable has been slated since December and they charge a premium for being Apple or Apple approved.

I'm sure that since the demise of Steve Jobs all products are now suffering from been made by the cheapest bidder and forgo the quality that Apple once stood for. It's a shame as I fear their computers may suffer the same fate.

So, where do I buy a 1m or even a .5m cable that works from?
Not interested in audio just for charging and now my phone is now on iOS 7.1 not that that seems to matter.

Regards

stefanr

It hasn't my old cable 16 months old is fine I would just like either a longer one or a second one that works.
I suppose I can take a punt and go for an apple one and hope i eventually get one that works. Have you seen the latest reviews on their site lol.

Storvay

Distinguished Member
I've had success buying from londonmagicstore on eBay. Not affiliated with them in any way, they sold me a few as Genuine Apple and they all continue to work some months on. Around £8 each IIRC.

HTH.

tigermad

Distinguished Member
I've had success buying from londonmagicstore on eBay. Not affiliated with them in any way, they sold me a few as Genuine Apple and they all continue to work some months on. Around £8 each IIRC.

HTH.
Resurrecting old thread. Don't suppose you are still using your cables. Was going to order a couple but their reviews aren't the best.

Storvay

Distinguished Member
Yep, still using them all. Don't get errors or problems, whether they're being used in the car, USB or via mains.

pixlrik

I got one from the O2 store, it was an official Apple one and I used my saved Rewards to get it in store, so it didn't cost me anything. Worked perfectly and still does for charging in the car.

Spiderkid

The only non-Apple branded lightening charging cable I've ever found to work reliably is the Amazon Basics cable. It's not dirt cheap, but it's more robust than the Apple cable (and everso slightly longer) and it works properly. All other cables have worked for a while then stopped, even if they say that are Apple certified.

Might check out that londonmagicstore though..

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom