1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy AE500

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by richdutton, Aug 20, 2004.

1. richdutton

richdutton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I've got around £1000 to spend on a projector and am pretty much settled on the AE500 (unless someone can tell me why I should not be). I've had a quick look on various search engines and have found it for £1079 from Sound & Vision, excluding the screen. A couple of other places, including Komplett, seem to be doing it for very similar prices but again without screen. Does anyone know where I might get one cheaper or for around the same price but with screen?

Thanks a lot

Rich

2. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Not going to get both for £1000 mate ! ;)

3. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,255
    PM benji_m
    Bit of excess stock flying around in our warehouse, we are doing the Panasonic PTAE500 (UK MODEL) with our usual FREE dead pixel check and free uk delivery with either £100 off a Draper screen or, and this is tasty an extra bulb for £50.

So thats the UK AE500 for £1199.99 delivered with the goodies mentioned above.

We of course welcome in store demonstrations and that way you can see the machine you will be taking and also how unfeasably tall I am!

Oh, and 12 months buy now pay later is available on this and everything over £120 now

Feel free to ask any questions!

www.discounttv.co.uk

4. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    £1198 including 60" Da-Lite screen from 'Let's Go Digital'. Excellent next day service included.Quick search will find it.

5. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The problem with those Da Lite/Panasonic screens is the AE500 fills them from about 2 metres away, they measure 67" diagonal with no black drop at the top or any black border at the bottom. Not much use to those who don't live on a canal barge! (although I gladly would!)

still a good offer though

6. pantages

pantages

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    The screen is 16:9 with a black border all around, and adjustable drop. It offers excellent contrast. I know, I have one! It is set 3m from the screen and makes my 50" plasma look small.

7. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This is strange, there seem to be 2 versions of this screen! One without any border at the top and one with!

If you look at http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/02/45/9b/bf_1.JPG there are no borders but looking at

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=22610&item=5716254244&rd=1

there seem to be some borders, I suppose it depends on the batch. I will get my tape measure out and get to the warehouse on monday.

Apologies if I am wrong, although I think the real answer may be that two batches were produced of completely different spec!

8. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Get the Hitachi pj-tx100. Its better than the ae500 and Z2 and is only around £1050 at present. A bargain. Either buy this or save the money and buy later.