Where to buy a Topfield

D

donkeymagic

I've finally decided to ditch Sky and get a toppy. I want to buy online but can only find a few sites (superfi/petertyson).

Would appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice of where best to purchase from.

Thanks

J80FAB

Novice Member
donkeymagic said:
I've finally decided to ditch Sky and get a toppy. I want to buy online but can only find a few sites (superfi/petertyson).

Would appreciate it if anyone can give me some advice of where best to purchase from.

Thanks
Look on Empiredirect's web site : http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/conte...elevisions~st~Freeview+Digital+Box~page~0.htm

I went into their site to see if they stocked the HUMAX and was surprised to see that they sell the Toppy. :thumbsup:

The prices are quite decent aswell at the moment & delivery is only £4.99 or you can nip down to their shops in Leeds or Bradford if you live anywhere near.

There's also only a £10 difference between the 160 gig & 250 gig models. Though the 250 gigs are currently not in stock.

son_t

Novice Member
J80FAB said:
Look on Empiredirect's web site : http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/conte...elevisions~st~Freeview+Digital+Box~page~0.htm

I went into their site to see if they stocked the HUMAX and was surprised to see that they sell the Toppy. :thumbsup:

The prices are quite decent aswell at the moment & delivery is only £4.99 or you can nip down to their shops in Leeds or Bradford if you live anywhere near.

There's also only a £10 difference between the 160 gig & 250 gig models. Though the 250 gigs are currently not in stock.
I would read up about Empire Direct before buying something from them: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289987

rhubarbe

Banned
Mmm, but the problem with some of these e-tailers is that if anything goes wrong you have to pay to send it back to them. If you're dealing with a good e-tailer then maybe there is somebody there who'll take an interest and send it back to Turbosat for repair.

Me, I prefer to deal with the organ grinder. And Turbosat will pay to have a faulty one collected from your door.

www.turbosat.com

J80FAB

Novice Member
son_t said:
I would read up about Empire Direct before buying something from them: http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289987

I'm not a huge fan of Empire Direct really, though their shop is just a few minutes down the road from me & their distribution warehouse is in the town centre.

It's swings-&-roundabouts with e-tailers. Although someone like Empire might get a bad review from some customers, I've read reviews from others who have been very satisfied with their service.

Though I don't think I would buy anything like a brand spanking new plasma/lcd/dlp tv set from them.

I only mentioned the Toppy as their prices aren't too bad. And the experience from the thread above was an on-line purchase. You can actually go into their shop & buy, and collect from their distribution centre if it isn't in stock in the shop.

£260 for a 250 gig Toppy from ED is very tempting ..... Than God they haven't any in stock, lol !

J80FAB

Novice Member
Oh well, looks like Empire Direct's sale has ended.

Toppy 250 gig has now gone back up to its price of £350 :eek:

It was £90 less in the sale. Poo ! :(

No wonder they didn't have any in stock !

A

andrewkay

Does anyone know of any shops in Central London that actually stock the Topfield PVR? I am thinking of Tottenham Court Road, Edgware road, Oxford Street etc?

Thanks

PS Upper Holloway Road is NOT central London ;)

J80FAB

Novice Member
:confused:

How odd.....

Empire Direct finished its sale a couple of days ago.

As a result the Toppies they have went back to their normal price (& mostly anything else for that matter).

Just gone into the website now & the 160 gig & 250 gig are back to their reduced 'sale' price.

:lesson: Obviously it could not have been a 'sale' as such .....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom