Where to buy a Samsung LE32R41BD

C

Chris282

Hello,
During the last four weeks I was reading many threads in this forum and I think I'm going to buy a Samsung LE32R41BD. I don't need a bigger size TV, will use it mainly to watch DVD and sometimes for playing games (still with the old X-Box).
I went to John Lewis at Oxford Street today but unfortunately they don't have it in stock. I'd rather pay a bit extra to be sure to get good service in case of any problem. I bought my last TV at Currys and it broke down six days after the end of the one year warranty period and customer service was nearly non-existent. :thumbsdow
So I'm a bit reluctant to buy it on the web but there seems to be no other alternative.
Do you have any recommendations for a reliable webshop with a good return policy / customer service?
Thanks
Chris

C

Chris282

Unfortunately I'm not eligible to become a member at costco. I just went to Tottenham Court Road - some shops are selling the set for 900£ and have it in stock but if you consider the price of a 3 year warranty...
Dixons is selling it for 999 £ but I assume their customer service is the same like Currys...

V

Vallyboy

Chris282 said:
Unfortunately I'm not eligible to become a member at costco. I just went to Tottenham Court Road - some shops are selling the set for 900£ and have it in stock but if you consider the price of a 3 year warranty...
Dixons is selling it for 999 £ but I assume their customer service is the same like Currys...

Try the Freeman's website, if it shows a banner add for 20% off first order it will add the DREP code to your basket, enter card details and prior to the purchase you will see the final price of £720. 12 month guarantee and enough spare cash to go for extra years, less than £200 so I believe to cover it for 4 extra years, check the web for offers.

Had mine no strings, and saved at least £150 with little effort. The only hassle was they had no stock so I waited a couple of weeks, in stock now so I understand.

R

royster

I recently ordered a LE32R51BD from the currys website price 848.13 and used a promotion code "CURRYS50" to gain an extra £50 off that. Delivery is booked for this coming saturday. So far the service has been good.

Dogboats

Standard Member
John Lewis pricematched (with Crampton and Moore) a Sammy LE32R41BD at £850 about 4 months ago. They've replaced each of the first two Sammys that they provided (first one had 3 stuck pixels, second had faulty VGA port) without any quibbles whatsoever. They even delivered the replacements as they picked up the faulty sets so that we weren't left without a TV for any length of time.

I presume that, with my five year warranty, I can expect this excellent service to continue should I need it.

On top of that, John Lewis shares most of its profits with its employees! :thumbsup:

I can't think of a reason to buy from anyone else unless there is a huge cost saving involved.

neilybealy

Dogboats said:
John Lewis pricematched (with Crampton and Moore) a Sammy LE32R41BD at £850 about 4 months ago. They've replaced each of the first two Sammys that they provided (first one had 3 stuck pixels, second had faulty VGA port) without any quibbles whatsoever. They even delivered the replacements as they picked up the faulty sets so that we weren't left without a TV for any length of time.

I presume that, with my five year warranty, I can expect this excellent service to continue should I need it.

On top of that, John Lewis shares most of its profits with its employees! :thumbsup:

I can't think of a reason to buy from anyone else unless there is a huge cost saving involved.

don't suppose you know the dimensions of the box it came in do you as i might go pick mime up at the weekend in the car?

:)

wardrober

Standard Member
I believe they are selling it for around £750 (after Vat) at Costcos and with 3 year no quibble guarantee.

Suggest you might be able to get a friend with a Costco account to purchase one on your behalf.

neilybealy

wardrober said:
I believe they are selling it for around £750 (after Vat) at Costcos and with 3 year no quibble guarantee.

Suggest you might be able to get a friend with a Costco account to purchase one on your behalf.

just called costco in thurrock and the only samsung they have in stock is the LE32T41

V

Vallyboy

neilybealy said:
don't suppose you know the dimensions of the box it came in do you as i might go pick mime up at the weekend in the car?

:)

35"+30"+10" Sorry if you have been metric-cated, I ain't. :D

Quite a neat package fortunatly.

tvdavid

royster said:
I recently ordered a LE32R51BD from the currys website price 848.13 and used a promotion code "CURRYS50" to gain an extra £50 off that. Delivery is booked for this coming saturday. So far the service has been good.

I done this the other day and am waiting for it to be delivered now :thumbsup: I saw the tv in the shop and it had one of the best pictures out of all the reast in the row.

C

Chris282

I just ordered the LE32R51BD from Currys website, using the promotion code.
Many thanks to royster for the code :smashin:
Hope I won't have any problem with it...

C

Chris282

@royster
@tvdavid
How long did it take until you received mail confirmation of your order from Currys?

R

royster

I ordered last saturday morning and received an email about 1 hour later confirming my order. Later in the afternoon I received a telephone call from currys also to confirm my details for security because I am having the tv delivered to an alternative address. After this I received another email saying my order was processing. I was told I would get a phone call a day before the delivery date I requested informing me of the time slot when the tv would be delivered the following day. I received this phone call today which is exactly what they said so I am very happy with the service so far.... TV should be arriving tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully I will not get a set with any dead pixels.

C

Chris282

Thanks for the information.
I finally received an email late today saying that my card payment was not authorized. I tried to use my Switch-Card which is registerd to my company address but wanted delivery to my home address. Unfortunately that's not possible according to Customer Service and they canceled my order. I really wonder why that's not possible and no one called me to clarify this... I could use my credit card to have it delivered to my home address but now the Sunday delivery slot next week is no longer available - bad luck...

tvdavid

I Ordered the TV on Wens and got the email the next day. But the TVs not being delivered to Monday. I was hoping to have it for the weekend to play with. I don't want an Xbox 360 to go with it. But will be using it as a monitor as my PC and laptop can do 720P and 1080I. Also I hope to get the new sky but will Waite for it to go down to around £250.

C

Chris282

As it was available at John Lewis again I decided to buy it there - Delivery is scheduled for next Saturday. Can't wait to recieve it finally...

Dogboats

Standard Member
Chris282 said:
As it was available at John Lewis again I decided to buy it there - Delivery is scheduled for next Saturday. Can't wait to recieve it finally...

Don't forget that if you find it cheaper somewhere (not online) within a certain period, JL will refund the difference.

C

Chris282

Even after I bought it?
But I haven't seen a cheaper offer in a store yet.
Do you know how long that period would be?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky set to launch its plug-and-play Sky Stream solution