Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Where to buy a new TV?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by SnakeUK, Dec 31, 2002.

1. SnakeUK

SnakeUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I am possibly looking to order my TV from an online retailer for the first time eg from Unbeatable, Empire Direct etc.

Are their any potential issues I should take into account with such retailer?

Do these retailers really give you a new machine or could it be that they may send you a returned machine?

Indeed should I purchase elsewhere. I have frequently seen the name JL mentioned. Is this John Lewis? Why would they be a better place to buy from?

Would also like to hear any horror stories from people about buying a new TV.

Thanks

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +453
    I bought my tv from Unbeatable just over a year ago and never had any problems,but If they did what you are suggesting then they would not stay in business for very long!

Yes it is John Lewis.One good reason to consider them is that they give you a free 5 year guarantee and they also price match with other high street retailers.

These forums are virtually built on such stories,have a look for yourself.