Where to buy a new TV?

S

SnakeUK

Hi, I am possibly looking to order my TV from an online retailer for the first time eg from Unbeatable, Empire Direct etc.

Are their any potential issues I should take into account with such retailer?

Do these retailers really give you a new machine or could it be that they may send you a returned machine?

Indeed should I purchase elsewhere. I have frequently seen the name JL mentioned. Is this John Lewis? Why would they be a better place to buy from?

Would also like to hear any horror stories from people about buying a new TV.

Thanks

Ron240

Originally posted by SnakeUK

Do these retailers really give you a new machine or could it be that they may send you a returned machine?
I bought my tv from Unbeatable just over a year ago and never had any problems,but If they did what you are suggesting then they would not stay in business for very long!

Indeed should I purchase elsewhere. I have frequently seen the name JL mentioned. Is this John Lewis? Why would they be a better place to buy from?
Yes it is John Lewis.One good reason to consider them is that they give you a free 5 year guarantee and they also price match with other high street retailers.

Would also like to hear any horror stories from people about buying a new TV.
These forums are virtually built on such stories,have a look for yourself.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom