1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy a good quiet external DVD ROM drive

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Comer, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I upgraded my HCPC yesterday to a P4 3GB processor and I'm very pleased with one problem. The noise of the processor fan is drivinmg me mad so I'm looking at putting the PC in the next room and only having the DVD ROM drive in the cinema room. So I'm looking for a suitable unit. I have tried some sites and did a search here but with no joy

Any help appreciated

Conor

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pleased with a problem? Unusual to pleased by a problem :D

If you get a 5.25" "caddy", you can use any DVD rom drive. They come with a small power supply.

Will have a look but these are available from most of the regular PC component suppliers.

PC World in Limerick have a special on DVD/CD-RWs (external - USB2). €80 IIRC. Probably better to dump the supplied drive though & fit a Pioneer etc..

:smoke:

3. Comer

Comer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Thanks Kramer

Think I left out a comma in that sentence:D

I have been thinking about this all day and moving the PC to another room may cause more problems than it's worth so I've ordered a quiet fan and I'll see how that goes. I also read on avs that external DVD ROM drives are not a great success

Conor