Where to buy a "CIT610-0100" (ASUS motherboard SPDIF module) for my HTPC

D

Dan Smiffy

Hiya,

I have an ASUS motherboard with a connection to connect an external SPDIF out module but I can't seem to find the part (a "CIT610-0100") available for sale anywhere - have searched all the usual places - eBuyer; Scan; etc.. Here is a module for Gigabyte motherboards which Scan says works on many others too. I know sod all about how computers work on the inside, am I likely to be able to plug it into my ASUS and listen to DVDs again rather than just lipread?! Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers,

Dan

I have an Asus A8N-VN CSM and have had trouble finding a SPDIF adaptor, on my motherboard its 3 pins. Brought the gigabyte one from scan but the block is for 4 pins. So I stripped the wires and replaced with single ones and attached to the motherboard.

The light for SPDIF works but I'm running Vista 64 and ASUS haven't realeased the drivers so I can only assume it works. Also Vista seems to have trouble putting out sound through SPDIF.

Called MediaTV - spoke to a really nice chap who said ASUS don't make their SPDIF thing any more 'cos it had lead in it and they weren't allowed to! Will investigate my bruv modding a Gigabyte one or just buying a cheapo sound card with optical out on it instead.

Many thanks both for the replies!

Dan

It's here but out of stock, suggest you call them to get a date or special order http://www.mediapc.tv/index.html?lmd=39184.634016

Hiya,

I have an ASUS motherboard with a connection to connect an external SPDIF out module but I can't seem to find the part (a "CIT610-0100") available for sale anywhere - have searched all the usual places - eBuyer; Scan; etc.. Here is a module for Gigabyte motherboards which Scan says works on many others too. I know sod all about how computers work on the inside, am I likely to be able to plug it into my ASUS and listen to DVDs again rather than just lipread?! Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers,

Dan

What kind of board is it ?
Does the manual give you the pin outs ?
Is there ANY digital audio outputs on the back of the board ?

If you can find the pin outs of what your board needs then you can compare this with the gigabyte one.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I've used the Gigabyte bracket on the Asus P5B-VM, it needs a little modifiying as willo mentioned but can be done in 5mins. Works fine.

I used the 4 pin block that's attached to the other connectors (rear, side and sub) as I didn't need them. You can slide out the pins that you don't need and slide in the SPDIF pins, a little messy but ok.

Righto I've obtained a Gigabyte bracket from a friend with a soundcard so he didn't need the bracket, a 12CR1-1SPOUT-12), which has optical and RCA on the plate and a 3x2 pin block with three wires coming out of it coloured red, white and black. Assuming this is suitable for my motherboard, where might I get hold of a four pin block to attach to it? Or better still, is there anybody in London who'd do the swapover for me if I brought it over, for a beer or two, pretty please? I'd sooner get an electrician in to change a plug than do it myself because I wouldn't wanna live in a house I've had a hand in doing the electrics for! And the same goes treble for wiring up something I'd plug in my gorgeous new PC.

Cheers,

Dan

I've used the Gigabyte bracket on the Asus P5B-VM, it needs a little modifiying as willo mentioned but can be done in 5mins. Works fine.

I used the 4 pin block that's attached to the other connectors (rear, side and sub) as I didn't need them. You can slide out the pins that you don't need and slide in the SPDIF pins, a little messy but ok.

Dan,

I think you might be better off buying that one from Scan

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/productinfo.asp?WebProductID=174177

It comes with a 4 pin plug that can be adapted, I can't find anywhere where you can just buy a 4 pin plug. You could jury rig the motherboard but I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm happy to do the work for you on the plug, just as long as you can pay for the postage!

Chris

Chris bless ya, absolutely bless ya! I'll buy that board from Scan and send it you in a SAE when it arrives, or bring it round if you're local / near a tube line?

Thanks a million!

Dan

UPDATE: it's ordered! ETA Thursday :thumbsup:

Just bumping my thread to send a big public thankyou to C4Man. Within two days of Scan posting me the Gigabyte motherboard he'd told me to buy he'd received it; modded it and returned it, and it works a treat! Thanks so much, Sir!

Dan.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom