1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy 5/6' projector screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by joust, Apr 1, 2003.

1. joust

joust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi All,

Where's the best place to buy a 5/6' wide projector screen. Probably to be used with a panny ae100.

Thanks in advance

Joust

2. DrMatt

DrMatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK so I'm a bit of a tightwad. (Just taken delivery of my PT-AE100 for uder 800 quid:clap:). I found that the internet computer retailer 'Insight' http://www.insight.com/uk sells the 'Projecta' slim screens for a v.good price - mine was under 70 quid.

A nicely made screen, the suface is Matte White which has a gain of 1.0 (but conversely has a wide viewing angle) and the mechanism feels like it might do a few up-down cycles. I had to bolt it to a batton to make the mounting holes line up with the ceiling joists (pulling the ceiling down may have been the final straw for my wife) but I'm pretty pleased.

The next project will be to add automation! (watch this space)

One word of warning, they size the screens on the diagonal including the mask (4:3), so think BIG.