Where should I put a 42" PV500?

DotNetter

Hi all

This is my first post.

I'm a couple of months off buying my first plasma and its looking as though I'll be opting for the Panny PV500 (seems a common choice on here) - still looking into the whole BIG tv setup though as I'm totally new to it.

Anyhow, I'd like to mount it on the wall but I'm a bit concerned I don't have a suitable location in my lounge :(

Imagine looking down on the room (birds eye view). On the top wall is the chimney breast, on the left wall is the window - the remaining right and bottom walls are clear walls.

Originally I wanted to put it on the right wall and have the sofa under the window dead opposite but I'm concerned that this would cause me problmes with reflections from the window which would be behind the sofa and also dead opposite the TV.

I don't really want to place the TV on the chimney breast for various reasons - it's a deffinate no-no.

My current tv is on a stand in front of the window with the sofa on the opposite wall so as you can probably tell I'm planning an end-to-end swap.

Can anyone suggest what I can do about reflections from the window as this really is the only place I can have the TV :(

Cheers

Wayne

M

mal60908

DotNetter said:
Can anyone suggest what I can do about reflections from the window as this really is the only place I can have the TV :(
Curtains? Blinds? Dust? Anyone?

Here is mine for the record....seems sinilar to what you are describing.

There aren't many perfect rooms for a plasma, you have to make the most of what you have got. I am hopefully going to convert the garage into a cinema room, a few years off yet though.

DotNetter

Hi mate,

They're all good suggestions but I can't tell the wife we have to keep the curtains shut all day so that the kids can watch the telly! :(

What's more, looking at your pics, you seem to have a fair bit of reflection yourself.

Although you don't have windows/light source directly behind you I would assume sitting on the left sofa presents some probs due to the windows over on the right?

Cheers

Wayne

Top Bottom