1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where should I place my Eltax HT2 rears speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mince bigalow, Feb 9, 2005.

1. mince bigalow

mince bigalow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I've just moved into my new flat and I am about to set up my speakers for my cinema. The room it will be in is approximately square. The only problem is that I'm not sure whether I should place the Eltaxs on the side walls or the rear? They are bipoles and I know with normal speakers they should be on the side but with their wierd shape I'm not entirely sure. I don't have loads of time to try out different settings so if someone could let me know the best place it would save me a lot of time and hassle.

2. benmiles

benmiles
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In a perfect world I think side wall placing, slightly behind the seating position would work best. In that way, one driver would be facing the seating position whilst the other driver "bounces" sound off the rear to reinforce the rear sound stage.

I am using Mission bipoles and use this setup myself. Best thing to do though, naturally, is to see which way it sounds best to you. What sounds good to me may sound rubbish to your ears :thumbsup: