1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where next after Toshiba 32ZP18Q?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by CH3, Jun 27, 2002.

1. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi,

Lots of useful advice here. Wish I'd signed up before I'd bought my Toshiba 32ZP18Q.

My first set has buzzing on the rear speakers during some of my DVD's dolby digital track. Also some distortion when it wasn't buzzing it's low level but audible sound.

2nd set arrived this morning. Same rear speaker buzzing, but no distortion. But the buzzing from the back of this set was awful. Increased loads in cinema mode too.

So where next? I want to get a 32" widescreen. Sony would be obvious, but I've been reading much about their problems with a certain set. Panasonic maybe?

Any suggestions would be lovely!
    :)

2. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Going for the Philips 9617... hope it's better than this Toshiba set!

3. Oblivion

Oblivion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Fingers crossed for you m8

Paul

4. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just a quick point CH3, I have a 9617 and I'm very happy, but I think you ought to know that the rear cordless speakers do have some low level buzzing due to the power adaptor. It doesn't bother me and I'm fairly sure it could be eliminated by using them as corded rather than cordless speakers (you'll have to buy a cable separately). Just though you might like to know. btw I too got rid of a dodgy Tosh before I found bliss with my P+:D

5. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks... will probably go corded in the end. Will be interesting to hear how they perform.

I'll miss the picture on the Tosh, but the rest is a load of Tosh unfortunately. Just want a decent pic with no excessive buzzing. Can't be too much to ask!

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure it's the tele causing the buzzin and not interference from some other kit?

If you were well impressed with the picture why not try swapping it again. I and many others don't have any buzzing from their Tosh.

7. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It's the TV. Buzzing from the back, buzzing from the rear speakers. Already had 2, which is more than enough for me. It's a shame really, but there is clearly a quality control issue here, and like the Sony (can't remember the model number, 75q something?) it's a case of if you get a reliable build then u r away.

8. manicjon

manicjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

Well i had a tosh 32zp18q and it buzzed at the back of the tv and it had a dirty screen and tilt problems, i think hats it??
    Sent it back ater a three days.

now i've got a sony 32fq75 with shrolling bars, buzzing at the back and the picture seems to be very grainy, this ones going back monday.

Im now thinking of a philips 329527 or 9617 or mybe even going back to a 50hz set will let you all on.

John

:confused: :mad: :confused: :mad: :confused:

9. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    From reading through many posts on this forum, I think a lot of people have said something like my previous post.. which is if you get a good Toshiba 32ZP18Q or Sony 32FQ75 then you're away, but too many have not had a good set. Quality control Toshiba and Sony! There seems to be a load less posts about the Philips. Once it arrives I'll certainly post my experience here.

10. W0zza

W0zza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read many posts on here before I went for Toshiba 32ZP18Q.

All i can say is im very happy, great picture, great sound... My bro has popped round twice recently, and every time he has looked at the screen and just said, wow thats a great picture...

It may 1) Ive got a good set with no problems....

2) im not as 'fussy' as some people and im happy with what i have and dont see any problems...

Ps: by fussy, im more of a computerpgeek and there are things i will not put up with that 95% would be happy with, same as my bro who is Audio mad, the sort of person who takes his own amp and Speakers along before he buys £750 worth of CD player... I think unless you are really, really into a certain area, little niggles you wont notice...... No offence :)

11. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Want to swap with my set?

;)

12. CH3

CH3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Received my Philips 9617 yesterday. Wow.

No buzzing in rear speakers with surround track. Both my Toshiba's did that.

The set itself is almost silent. No buzzing from the back of the set. Again, my 2 attempt with Toshiba sets did that.

And the picture... wow... that Pixel Plus is amazing. I just sit there and am amazed at the quality of the picture.

A great relief after bit disappointment with Toshiba.

13. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Glad to hear it CH3... hope you enjoy it! Any probs, you know where to ask ;)

14. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My sentiments entirely CH3, exactly the same thing Toshiba 32ZP18Q it drives you up the buzzing wall.
    If other people are having the same problem it’s a quality control or design issue from what I have read & been told Toshiba are aware of it, hopefully a substitute is going to arrive next week please hope the replacement works if it doesn’t your sure gonna read from me and I am changing manufacturer
    TOSHIBA can you please read this >>>>>>(Cinema mode) = (Extra loud Buzzzzzzzzz)
    Where are these TV assembled? Please don’t say the UK
    :(