1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the disc?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Nike, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Nike

Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I haven't experienced this, but I do have some unwatched films (including at least 2 from Play) which I'll be unwrapping as soon as I get home :eek:
    Usually you can hear the disc rattling inside the box where it has come adrift from the retainer :(

2. Nick Drew

Nick Drew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    .....and the disc scratched to hell!. that's padded bags for you unfortunately.

3. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I ordered Event Horizon from Play247 and it arrived in a few days no problem. I normally dont tape the shrink wrap off my discs until I want to watch them. Imagine my horror when I opened it only to find the case totally empty with no disc in sight. I immediately opened all all my others which were still wrapped, some of which have been there for months. Fortunately all the rest had the discs inside. I contacted Play and they have requested the case back and they will be sending me a replacement. Excellent service from them but I certainly wont be making the same mistake again and will open them up as soon as they arrive in the future.

Has anyone else had the same problems?

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Cossie,

Like you, I had one DVD arrive (not from Play, I must say), that was shrink-wrapped, but had no DVD in it.

I guess this must be one of the minor set-backs with automated DVD processes, nowadays, where little human checking gets performed.

I don't think it's anything major to worry about, but I guess you should always check all DVD's upon arrival, just to make sure that a) all the discs are intact, clean, and in perfect nick, and b) to make sure that they actually work!

I do this with all my DVD's, even if I don't intend watching them at that time. I check the actual DVD surface for obvious scratches, warping, et al, and then I skip through different parts of the disc, to make sure that the DVD plays correctly, the sound is correct, and that everything appears to work okay. Performing random Chapter checks, is a good way of assertaining any faults that might appear on a disc, though this is by no means 100% reliable/accurate, for obvious reasons. However, it does allay most fears of a screwy DVD arriving, and then if there is any problems, the DVD can be replaced immediately.

Pooch