Where is the cheapest place to buy these DVD Players/Recorders?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bradavon78, May 5, 2005.

1. bradavon78

bradavon78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    As you can't buy these in one DVD player I'm after two DVD players in the UK. Where is the cheapest I can buy them? :

1. A cheap as chips DVD Recorder hopefully with both DVD+R and DVD-R support it doesn't have to have a hard disk but I'd like it to be around £50? Considering the cost I'm happy for it to only support one format (plus or minus). Any make really.

2. The cheapest place to buy the Pioneer DV-668AV-S - Multi-region and RCE compatible. This one:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=6048

I figure I'll get the DV-668AV-S as it's the only player I can find with both dual SACD & DVD-A support but also TWO scarts (I'm presuming it supports RGB loop through?). I would like a DVD Recorder but would prefer SACD/DVD-A support so I figure I'll get a cheap DVD Recorder as well. I currently own a DVD Player and Video Recorder so it's not a big deal.

Thanks in advance.

p.s - I know part of this is technically in the wrong forum sorry. It started out as a general "Where is the cheapest place to buy DVD Players?" thread.

2. Malky1903

Malky1903

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    If you find a DVD Recorder for £50, let me know where you found it. Cheapest I've seen of late is £100 from Asda.

3. bradavon78

bradavon78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    A mate got a DVD Recorder for roughly £50 from a clearence in Tescos. I'd never heard of the make but it looked decent enough.

For a £100 I may as well pay a bit more for a decent make DVD Recorder!

Does anyone where the best place to buy multi-region DVD players is?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,281
    You won't get a decent make DVD recorder for that price unless it's second hand. Your looking at about £170 for a bargain basement, decent brand DVD recorder.