1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the cheapest place to buy these DVD Players/Recorders?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bradavon78, May 5, 2005.

1. bradavon78

bradavon78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    As you can't buy these in one DVD player I'm after two DVD players in the UK. Where is the cheapest I can buy them? :

1. A cheap as chips DVD Recorder hopefully with both DVD+R and DVD-R support it doesn't have to have a hard disk but I'd like it to be around £50? Considering the cost I'm happy for it to only support one format (plus or minus). Any make really.

2. The cheapest place to buy the Pioneer DV-668AV-S - Multi-region and RCE compatible. This one:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=6048

I figure I'll get the DV-668AV-S as it's the only player I can find with both dual SACD & DVD-A support but also TWO scarts (I'm presuming it supports RGB loop through?). I would like a DVD Recorder but would prefer SACD/DVD-A support so I figure I'll get a cheap DVD Recorder as well. I currently own a DVD Player and Video Recorder so it's not a big deal.

Thanks in advance.

p.s - I know part of this is technically in the wrong forum sorry. It started out as a general "Where is the cheapest place to buy DVD Players?" thread.

2. Malky1903

Malky1903

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    If you find a DVD Recorder for £50, let me know where you found it. Cheapest I've seen of late is £100 from Asda.

3. bradavon78

bradavon78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    A mate got a DVD Recorder for roughly £50 from a clearence in Tescos. I'd never heard of the make but it looked decent enough.

For a £100 I may as well pay a bit more for a decent make DVD Recorder!

Does anyone where the best place to buy multi-region DVD players is?

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,217
    You won't get a decent make DVD recorder for that price unless it's second hand. Your looking at about £170 for a bargain basement, decent brand DVD recorder.