where is the cheapest place to buy KILL BILL JAP VERSION.

Caution. Current reports indicate that there is no way of having English subtitles for just the Japanese language sections. You either have them throughout, or not at all. I'm debating whether it's worth it just for a little more gore.

i've ordered mine from ebay for £14

i'll have the jap version and when the box set comes out i guess i'll have the us version

i think its worth getting for the extra gore

I've ordered the limited edition box set from dvdslimited. Can't wait.

cdwow have the R3 dvd for 9.99 and claim it to be the uncut Hong Kong / Japanese version.

How true is that ?

Originally posted by Rindless
cdwow have the R3 dvd for 9.99 and claim it to be the uncut Hong Kong / Japanese version. How true is that ?

...Very true! And via one of CDWow's sundry money off links it's only nine quid delivered or cheaper. It's a shame it's not December otherwise I'd buy twenty copies and that'd be all my Xmas shopping done.

Dan

Just ordered this - used the link on the CDWow thread and it gave me £1.50 off.
Then used a 50p voucher and one of my last two £1.50 trustcard vouchers to get the price down to £6.49 :smashin:

Plus, dunno if anyone's noticed that the R3 version is released this week (according to CDWow) whereas R1&2 are out in a fortnight

I still think its not got subtitles for the japanese dialogue parts so it may be worth waiting imho :)

As Ive posted elsewhere, I think if you get the region 3 that has English DTS and Chinese DD, with Chinese selectable subs only, then I fully expect to see burnt on english subs on the movie itself during the Japanese spoken bits. Or else how could an english speaking viewer of whom there are a great many in China / Asia, understand the Japanese bits? Clearly they are catering to the English speakers by giving it DTS.

This is the version CD wow have and Im not concerned at all

I agree with you Shed if it has and english soundtrack the subtitles should be part of that as a whole. :)

Originally posted by shedsounds
As Ive posted elsewhere, I think if you get the region 3 that has English DTS and Chinese DD, with Chinese selectable subs only, then I fully expect to see burnt on english subs on the movie itself during the Japanese spoken bits. Or else how could an english speaking viewer of whom there are a great many in China / Asia, understand the Japanese bits? Clearly they are catering to the English speakers by giving it DTS.

This is the version CD wow have and Im not concerned at all

But that's logical thinking. I hope you're right though :D

Either way, it's only £8.49 and you still get to see the uncut version. If you decided to sell it you would definitely get more than just your money back. So I'm not too worried either. But I do hope it's a good video transfer and that it has english subtitles.

So, hasn't anyone got the cdwow R3 version? I was thinking in buying it.. :) but I need to know if there are subtitles on the japanese parts.

Er... I'm sure someone will, but you'll have to wait for it to be released first!

(released tomorrow though, so should receive within next few days)

Err... sorry to pee on your chips, folks, but CD Wow cocked up big time. The R3 they are selling is NOT the uncut version, and has NO English subs. :thumbsdow

I will be returning my copy to CD Wow once it arrives but still want an Uncut version of the film and would ideally go for the Thai version as its listed as PAL but I dont know if that is a mis-print or not as they have the running time down as 113mins which is the same as the NTSC R2 Japanese release and due to PAL speed up its impossible for them to both be the same time :confused:

I am starting to think Uncut when referring to the HK and Korean versions means the film on the DVD is the same version of the film that was shown in the cinema in that country, it doesnt mean it is the same Uncut version of the film that is on the R2 Japanese release, could this be the case?

On DVDfromAsia there is a message on the page for the Thai Uncut release mentioning the full colour fight scene etc, but the message isn't on the page for the HK release. I've ordered the Thai version from them.

The HK version on their site is the same release that CD Wow are selling so I would hope no one from this forum orders that version :rolleyes:

Well, considering that costs approx £30 before shipping, it's certainly not the cheapest!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom