where is the cheapest place to buy KILL BILL JAP VERSION.

Indiana Jones

http://www.versatiledisc.co.uk/index.htm

I found this website based in the UK that is offering the Region 3 Thai release for £15.99 delivered or £15.49 is you get it from their auction on eBay, think they are worth a try?

T

tan1415

Tell me how this movie is? But i am afraid the Uncut HK version is NOT the uncut japanese version.
The japanese version in 113 min, while this version is the same as the regular version 110 min.

Anyway oif you have received this DVD..tell me if this is teh japanese version.(got to fightscene and see if it's stillin B&W or color)

T

tan1415

Tell me how this movie is? But i am afraid the Uncut HK version is NOT the uncut japanese version.
The japanese version in 113 min, while this version is the same as the regular version 110 min.

Anyway oif you have received this DVD..tell me if this is teh japanese version.(got to fightscene and see if it's stillin B&W or color)

Indiana Jones

No need to post the same thing twice mate.

Also, some people have recieved their copy of the HK release from CD Wow and confirm what they said, it is cut with b/w scenes and no english subtitles so its pretty clear now that if you want the Uncut version of the film you have to get the R3 Thai release or the R2 Japanese release.

cjdshaw

Standard Member
Just to confuse things further:
from Davis DVD:

Filmmaker Quentin Tarantino has some major plans for his latest opus, Kill Bill. While promoting the second volume of the series, opening theatrically on April 16th, Tarantino revealed that he plans to recut both films together for a special theatrical release later in the year. "We did a special version [of Volume 1] for Japan that's only been shown in Japan and Hong Kong, and I kept the rights to that," Tarantino said. "I'll put the Japanese version together [with Volume 2] like I would if it was one complete movie, and then I'll release that throughout America and Europe in arthouse engagements."

Tarantino also promises more extensive DVD plans for the revenge films. "I'm going to do a special collector's edition of both of them once I'm finished with both of them," he said. Also in the talking phase, Tarantino is considering the possibility of releasing stand-alone supplemental discs.
To me, this all smacks of trying to get us to buy several different versions of the same film. Once I've returned my CD-WOW version, I might hold off to see what the definitive version is going to be.

Simon6776

Tarantino said. "I'll put the Japanese version together [with Volume 2] like I would if it was one complete movie, and then I'll release that throughout America and Europe in arthouse engagements."
No mention of it actually being released on DVD, though I'd be very surprised if it wasn't, at some stage. In a way, I hope that the 'Special Editions' don't come out too soon, or it will seem like even more of a rip off. If there's a year or two in between, you don't mind so much buying them again, if you feel you've had your money's worth out of the originals. Again, I still think it's doubtful that the totally uncut versions will appear in this country, but maybe an unrated R1 issue wouldn't be out of the question, if QT can pursuade Miramax to dispense with protocol.

jamiev

Novice Member

figrin_dan

Originally posted by Simon6776
I still think it's doubtful that the totally uncut versions will appear in this country, but maybe an unrated R1 issue wouldn't be out of the question, if QT can pursuade Miramax to dispense with protocol.
Do we know if the MPAA or BBFC have even seen the Jap version?

CodeThief

Novice Member
Originally posted by figrin_dan
According to www.bbfc.co.uk they've only seen a 106m and a 110 minute one (prolly the same one but PAL and NTSC).

Dave

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by figrin_dan
QT did the "cuts" to get an R rating rather than NC17, this R rated version was then submitted to the BBFC and passed. The BBFC haven't seen the "uncut" version, but probably wouldn't have a problem with it anyway these days... the stuff they let through uncut at 18 is far stronger than the stuff they used to cut in the old days. Maybe the extended rape-related stuff from near the beginning would have them shifting in their seat, but we're into the age where they pass penetration in "regular" movies now, so who knows how it would have turned out if the uncut version was submitted. My guess is it would get through without snips, or very minor ones at most. I don't think the additional violence would be a problem at all, we've left the bad old days of the nanny state long behind us

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom