1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the cheapest place to buy a screenplay4805

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by C.Wolf, Sep 18, 2005.

1. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi, After thinking about it for months now ive decided to take the plunge and get a projector. My neighbour has recently bought a 4805 and it looks great to me. I have seen the rainbow effect, but it seems to be all but unnoticable when concentrating on/ watching a film. I dont know what screendoor effect is, but I havent noticed any other problems with it. Now I would like to try and find a bargin, so where is the cheapest 4805?
    Thanks,
    Clyde.

2. terrysharp

terrysharp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    £50 more and its a brand new model, not refurbished from Sevenoaks

4. simch

simch
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or £549 from Luzerntech on ebay, for a graded model.

5. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Many thanks Guys, I didnt really want a graded or refurbished one, perhaps I should have mentioned this before. I was hopeing that someone may have known of one of these mega discount sites, that you always hear about just after youve made your purchase. Ill just keep trawling the net, as a friend told me that the full retail price has just dropped to £850, so I had hoped for the £600 to £700 price mark. :rolleyes:
    Thanks,
    Clyde

6. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    to be honest trade has picked up for companies at this point so i dunno if you will see the 4805 get much cheaper for a while.....Sevenoaks is at £800 atm....and if u sweet talk them enuff u might get a free component cable lobbed in as a bonus....

however DLPs may drop in price due to the new stuff coming out, so if your happy to hold back for a month or so you might get it brand new for £700...

7. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +935
    What about the Sharp XV-200 from Nexnix, these are £795 (were £2.5kish? last year) and would suit PAL material more as they are 1024x576.

8. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    The main reason for choosing a 4805 is that my neighbour has one that ive looked at many times, and it just seems to get better and better. Im sure there are many other projectors that are as good or even better, but its finding somewhere localish that you can see one on dem, and if you purchase it and are not pleased with it at home, can return it. This seems all but impossible, so the easy option is a 4805 at a discount price.
    Maybe ill just wait a short while longer as knyte byte says to see what happens with technology and prices. ;)
    Thanks for your replies,
    Clyde.

9. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    just remember one thing tho, dont get sucked in to the computer graphics card state of 'i'll just hold on for the price to drop a bit longer..........a bit longer......a bit longer..........damn, new cards are out with far superior graphics...i'll just wait for them to drop in price a bit and get one instead.....a bit longer......a bit lo.......hmm..my current cards just told me it cant support this new game cuz its not fast enough......damn, now i gotta wait 5 days for a new card without any gaming.....'

heh

if its gonna drop it'll be within a 4-6 weeks i reckon.....but if you not in a hurry then hold out till krimbo, always get good sales around krimbo time ;-)

10. joijoi

joijoi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  11. scouse258

scouse258
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    my mate bought a 5700 from Luzerntech on ebay - graded yes but very good

really - it is very good indeed so i think you want to have a think about it

i cant quite decide if its better than my benq pe8700 but why pay the price of a new 4805 when you can get a 5700 from Luzerntech on ebay for the same price???

i am considering buying an infocus 7210 from them at £2500 - 1 grand less than the best price i have found on the net for them

you get a guarentee so where is the risk?

12. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  13. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    u sure its the 7210 for £2,500? last i heard it was the 7205.....

altho from what i hear some people think the 7205 is better than the 7210, cant remember where i saw it now, but a comment about the 7210 for some reason suffering more from something, possibly RBE....

i might be wrong tho, so dont quote me...heh

14. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks everyone,
    Knyght byte, youre quite right about the waiting thing, infact it sounds like you know me.
    Joijoi, you were that person that I spoke of earlier, that knew somewhere cheaper than anyone would have imagined possible, except this time ive got the info before, not after purchase. Have you ever had dealings with this company? The company looks good, and even delivery seems fair at only £6. Guess at last that I am about to own my own projector :thumbsup:
    Scouse258, I use to manage a shop that sold graded electrical goods, and the amount of returns were very high. This was from 3 different suppliers, so it wasnt down to a rogue supplier. This is why I dont want to buy graded goods. Also it looks as if the supplier you refer to repairs them himself, although I may be mistaken, but if he does, is he using genuine infocus spares and are the projectors leaving him 100% as they would from infocus?
    Best Regards,
    Clyde.

15. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    i can say that the sevenoaks refurbs are good quality ones, by infocus, this is due to sevenoaks being a fully approved authorised stockist etc....they also give you the 3 years gold warranty, very good value in my opinion...

16. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  17. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi Marty, it is on there, you just have to go back to their home page and select projectors, then follow on from there ( I cant remember exactly).
    Clyde.

18. Marty Williams

Marty Williams
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Clyde.

Nope, it's definately vacated the area for the moment. Pity.

Cheapest I can find for the 4805 is £729 for a new unit with a ceiling mount including delivery from PRC Direct.

Not bad.

19. C.Wolf

C.Wolf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Marty, I contacted them today to order one and they confirmed that they have sold out but could recommend other choices. By the email I assume that they've sold out for good, but I will keep my eye on them just incase. ;)