1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the best retailer to order a projector from pls help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ewan, Oct 14, 2004.

1. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    Can someone pls recommend the best retailers to order a projector from :confused:

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hard to say since not all retailers stock all projectors, also are you wanting to demo some before buying or do you know what you're after?

Personally, I've bought from Discount Electrical (aka. Discount TV), Nexnix and AV-Sales and had excellent service from each, some or all I think are sponsors here.

Conversely I'm sure you could also here bad comments from each from unfortunate customers, however such reports are very rare compared to reports about other retailers that I won't mention but you'll find easy enough looking back on here. ;)

FYI, I bought my first projector from Ben at Discount Electrical and am in the process of buying my 4th from him too, so he gets my vote, however his range is more limited so he may not deal with a model you may want, in which case places like Nexnix or Ivojo would be more useful.

Finally, note that prices can vary wildly, compare just for example an HT1100 at Nexnix and Ivojo, so that may be an issue for you too.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As Kragorn says, you're sure to find the model you want from at least one of the reputable forum sponsors.

Full list here.

:smoke:

4. trioxin245

trioxin245
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just called Discount Electrical to check on an order I made to Ben last week,
    only to be told by the nice lady on the phone that my name wasn't even on their list!!! :nono:
    Good job I called them as I would have been pretty fed up if I'd missed the next batch.

5. ntslik

ntslik
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I wouldn't like to say ;) ;)

6. Ewan

Ewan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone :thumbsup:

7. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ouch, and sadly Thursday is Ben's day off .. hope when he returns he sorts it out.

8. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    KraGorn

What are the demo facilities like up there ?? I'm not a million miles off myself and was thinking of visiting for some advice on projector & screen purchase. Just wondered if they had a couple of projectors on demo etc..etc......and what the demo rooms are like.
    :smashin:

9. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    'Fraid I can't say, I bought the AE300 'blind', sorry.

However, the guy who started this thread says he spent some time there demoing an AE700 there last weekend so he should be able to give you a good idea of the current setup Ben has.