Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Where is the best place to get Sky+ from ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Member 7321, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Member 7321

Member 7321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I am looking to just buy a Sky+ box from eithe Dixons, Currys, Comet or a another shop and I was wondering what is the best way to approach it.

Do I just go in and say I want one of them or are they going to give me grief ?

Thanks

Paul

2. UlricVonLichtenstien

UlricVonLichtenstien

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got mine from Dixons. I just told the assistant that I didn't want to arrange installation at that point, and left it that. They wanted to take my telephone number for Sky to ring me to arrange, and I refused - I just said that I was an existing Sky customer, and Sky already had my details. Just paid £299 and walked out with the box! Don't you just love clueless assistants.... ;)

3. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very similar experience at Currys. The assistant could not believe that I could just pay my £299 and walk out with the box! (erm, isn't that how many shops work?).

The assistant finally rang Sky and they confirmed that I didn't need to sign anything and I could arrange installation with them at a later date (snigger, arranged it with myself for the following day!).

[ 11-10-2001: Message edited by: mjs ]

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    DITTO

Sales assistant at Currys knew sod all I had to tell him what the procedure was.
    Didn't stop him from trying to sell me an extended warranty though :)

5. rdg

rdg
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had same issue with Currys, but ignorance is bliss on this matter. The extended warranty is obviously such a scam, but they do try.
    I simply stated that I was having trouble with Sky installers, and that Sky themselves suggested going through an independent contractor.
    I wonder whether any of this group are selling them mail order?