1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the best place to buy SACD from

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by tony kop77, Jun 13, 2003.

1. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I notice play 247 have some but they do not have many and I had a look on DVD Box office but only 1 sacd title came up. I would like to know the best place to buy them preferbly somewhere with a big selection.
    Thank You for your help.

2. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Try dvdboxoffice again- they have loads of sacd's. I recently bought all of Peter Gabriels back catalogue there.If you browse via product catagories it starts on the A's then goes through in alphabetical order.

3. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Thank you how long do they normally take to arrive?

4. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Try MVC, - (Music Video club) they have retail stores in most cities and towns, not sure if they have a web site, but the one in Gloucester stocked quite a few.
    Membership is free and you get a discounted rate on goods when you join.

rich tee.

5. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    If their in stock usually 7-10days but I have had to wait up to 5-6 weeks in some cases. The format is still not that easily available and it can take a while to source the discs you want. I usually try play first and then dvdboxoffice if they don't have the sacd I want.there are other companies that supply the sacd formatt but they tend to charge the earth upwards of £23 usually- I'd personally wait a bit longer if I can get the disc for half that price.

6. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    Someone told me SACD is a dying format is this true?
    Hawklord you have the same dvd player as me are the SACD that good? Hard to tell from demo because a lot of the songs are not my type. I have had that Sony player for about a year and dont know how you save you favourite parts of the films etc.
    I have not read the manual at all yet.

7. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    All the sacd's I have bought have sounded better than the cd versions I own imo. They seem to have more detail and bring a new leash of life to favourite cd's.Some of the multichannel recordings are superb but to be honest if your happy with normal cd's then not worth buying a second copy. Give one a try (an artist you already own) and see if you notice the difference. If you like Pink Floyd I'd definately give the recent 20th anniversary SACD release of Dark Side of The Moon a go it's brill!!!!

8. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    I dont mind the police heard they have the greatest hits coming out on sacd any date yet?
    I saw Morning Glory album from dvd boxoffice but can not see it anymore.
    I want some SACD albums but dont want to wiat weeks for it to arrive. I think the Multi chaneal is superb on heard a demo Celion Dion was the best out of the five but I dont like her myself.

Is it true the SACD is a dying format it will be dead in a few months I heard but that was from some guy off the net. I also want to know what you think to the Sony 900 is it still a good player and is it a mid range to top range still? I like the player myself prefer the silver but they were charging £100 extra at the time for silver.

9. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    The player that I own was Sonys flag ship model SACD player when it was first released. I still think it's very good both as a dvd and sacd player but is probably only classed as a mid range player. You can now get newer less expensive models as well as more expensive higher end players.Mines black but I purchased that colour 'cause all my other kit was black.
    They've been saying that SACD and DVD-A will fight it out to see which format will eventually replace normal cd. Since neither format seems to be backed by many releases for both new and old material I think normal cd will be here for a lot longer. I don't think SACD is dying it's just taking forever to get going- which is a shame imo.
    dvd boxoffice have The Police: Every Breath You Take: The Classics on their site - you might want to check out. I've got Stings Brand New Day on DTS digital surround which is worth a listen as well.