1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is Team Fortress etc. for HL2?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Flystar, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Flystar

Flystar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Anyone know when the on-line multiplayer games for HL2 will become available. Been playing CS:Source for a while now and unlocked HL2 yesterday, OMFG ! :clap:

I was expecting team fortress but there are no multiplayer games on offer in the HL2 menu.

Cheers

Fly.

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    There are no multiplayer modes with HL2 yet apart from CS and DOD.

The CS mod is also very weak really, there is little update to the game and I think that was a rush job to get it out. I imagine it will take at least 6-12 months to see really beefed up versions of Multiplayer HL2.

The biggest plus is that given the features in HL2, this engine looks to be the most versatile 3D engine seen on a PC. DOOM3 looks better on the surface, but it doesn't have the physics in it. It is so awesome that HL2 you can affect nearly everything around you.

3. Flystar

Flystar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Cheers. Suppose we will just have to wade through all the patches that will be coming out.

Apart from the amazing physics, It is so much better graphically than CS:Source isn't it. What amazes me most is how well it runs on my ageing rig :-

P4 2.67Gb
    768Mb Ram
    Overclocked Geforce Ti4200

Seem to be getting well in excess of 50fps.

Fly