Where is RC sensor in the Sky+ box?

anthonywrobb

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have just set up my Sky+ box with 2 additional TVs in the house using a digi-sender (temporary solution as we will be moving soon and wiring will be too messy).

The Digi-sender I am using is this one... Buy AEI Wireless Video/TV Sender at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for TV and video senders.
... which works pretty well for the most part.

The picture and sound quality is much better than I thought it would be, the only bit that isn't so impressive is the magic eye supplied to allow you to change channels from other rooms.

I want to try placing the eye exactly were the sensor (that picks up the signal from the remote control) in the Sky+ box is, to see if it helps, so...

... where exactly on the box is the sensor?

Thanks in advance!!! :clap:

Welcome to AVF.
The unit itself ought to send a strong enough and wide enough beam of IR to reach the receptor wherevever it is on the receiver.
If you really need to use an emitter over the receptor then the location depends on what receiver it is.
Logi

Thanks Logi!

It was installed as a new unit in May 2009.

Does that narrow it down to a particular version?

Cheers

Thanks Logi!

It was installed as a new unit in May 2009.

Does that narrow it down to a particular version?

Cheers

No not all - if it is an HD box then make and model will be printed on the back panel. If it is not an HD box then either quote make and model number on white sticky labels on rear or bottom of box OR quote Manufacturer and Version number from Details under services menus.

That's OK awr, and what the man said!
Let us know - and think about a nice new free receiver before you move.;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom