1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where is best place to buy new computer

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Chandy, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Chandy

Chandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    friend has asked what to look for in pc (unfortunately money is a big problem and they may have to go for which ever co gives best interest free deal)

i said they should get

2.8 or 3.06 Ghz processor
    512 mb ram
    80 gb hd
    windows xp home

anything else I could have asked them to look out for or have I sent them with the wrong info?

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Well, it'd help to know what they planned to use it for, simple Office applications would be happy with a 2.6 for example. The video card could also be an issue if they want to play games like Doom 3 etc.

As for where to get it, I usually build my own systems but when at work I've been buying from Evesham, and many years ago I had a couple of machines from them myself. I like them, their customer service has been good when I've needed them and they've got a store near me .. I'd recommend them.

3. Chandy

Chandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry it is mainly for office applications (eg doing coursework and children's homework) - kids play games on it but generally on the internet although they do have a tiger woods pc game to install

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Okay, in which case then a basic graphics card will be fine .. Evesham sell 'business' desktops starting at £329 ex. vat, on top of which you'd need Office itself but the PC would be more than adequate for the needs you outline.