Where in UK can I buy V880??

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by URI, Nov 3, 2003.

1. URI

URI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning on getting Optoma H76 and wanted to use V880 with it. I want a non-HDCP DVI player. I hope it will work with the new Optoma H76. So where can I buy V880 in UK or Germany (would prefer UK by far). And one more question, what is the latest firmware I should be looking for?

Adam

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you read this thread mate? You can't get them in the UK - only Germany. Makes it a real pain for follow up repairs and the such...

3. URI

URI

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx,

I did read it, but must have missed that bit, it is a shame, isn't strange??!!

Since I am from Poland (often in London), might actually hop on a train and get it in Berlin :clap: :clap:

It would be good to get a non-HDCP DVI DVD player as it is available. We do not know when they all would be HDCP-protected. here in Poland there are so many not-exactly-fully-original latest DVD movies flying around and it would be shame not be able to play them via DVI!!! Soon we may be faced only with HDCP players

4. smurf5599

smurf5599
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi , I've just ordered a Brainwave V880 from a German company , they were auctioning 10 of them on Ebay. Buyitnow price was 126 Euro's (£87) , shipping was 14 Euro's to the UK. Even with any taxes , too good to miss ...

It might be worth contacting them ( they only sold 2 of the 10 )..

info@computerfactory.org

Smurf5599

5. Jack

Jack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i've emailed them about the player and received the reply that they are 120 euros and 15 euros postage including insurance to the UK (95 GBP total). - which is a great price.

Smurff559, did you receive your player ok?

6. smurf5599

smurf5599
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Jack : Yep player arrived ok , took about a week to 10 days ... some of the delay was due to payment method they required , due to being in the UK they wanted money by bank transfer , you also need to pay any additional transfer charges , and to honest I can't remember what I paid :D

End result is excellent , using the player through a Hitachi Lcos projector , image is great ... worth every penny in my view ..

Smurf5599