Where in London Centre to demo AE500 and TX100?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by zoolap, Jul 5, 2004.

1. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Where in London Centre can i demo Panasonic AE500 and Hitachi TX100? I'm based in Warwickshire. Sevenoaks in Birmingham told me LCDs are not very good so they only have DLP. I plan to visit a friend near London soon so I could go then.

I've discussed with Liam of ProgressiveAV, but he's further distance away and Hitachi's are selling fast it seems.

Thanks.

2. Neil Watson

Neil Watson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    I have been trying to get a comparison of these so being based near Reading I'd be very interested in either the results or knowing where to get a demo too :)

BTW - I got the same response from SevenOaks in Reading so I guess they have made a corporate decision to only stock DLP's.

3. zoolap

zoolap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Some extra thoughts:

The smooth screen is the main thing that still has me considering the Panasonic AE500. Problem is that I haven't seen either projector in action to see if the line structure is something that would bother me as much. In a related note I had to set up a Hitachi CPX-328 LCD projector (business class 1024 x 768 resolution). The line structure was visible, but didn't bother me too much (I'm hoping this might be the case with the Hitachi TX100 as it's cheaper and seems to be getting better opinions than the panasonic). I've only tried a 720p WMV file on there, but it looked pretty good. If I get the chance on an evening I may take a dvd to work and test.