Where have my headphones gone?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by inviccsuBob, Mar 23, 2018.

1. inviccsuBob

inviccsuBob
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    New house, new LG TV, home cinema kit in storage so use internal speaker. Works fine. Connect Bluetooth heaphones, they are fine too, automatically muting the speaker.

Sony STR-DA2400ES amp out of storage. Sky box now connected to Sony amp which then connects to LG TV via the same HDMI input as previously. Lovely sound - no headphones. The TV recognises the headphones switching on and asks whether to connect. Click yes and TV says headphones are connected - but no sound. Going through the "Sound Out" section of the TV settings it's clear that it makes no difference whether "Internal TV Speaker" or "Audio Out (Optical/HDMI ARC)" or "LG Sound Sync / Bluetooth" is selected.

Why is this? What's arriving at the HDMI input from the amp that's different from the Sky box? How do I get headphones working?

The TV is a 55UJ750V, bought it from John Lewis. The label on the back says so. I can't register it with LG though as their website says there's no such thing.

2. Dalesman

Dalesman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    If it’s a new TV, LG May have not got around to updating the online serial numbers on the LG TV listing I had this problem from JL years ago after buying a TV from them albeit was a different make.

Headphones, is the volume turned up on the headphones switched On and batteries ok. Sorry but that’s all I can offer to check on, you will have doubled checked it yourself I know but...

3. Dalesman

Dalesman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
  4. inviccsuBob

inviccsuBob
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input. I've given up on that approach and connected to the Sky box via a wifi gizmo instead. That's working fine so I'll leave this as one of life's unanswered questions.