Where has War gone?

mattclarkie

Novice Member
I had War in my Anytime planner, I was looking forward to watching it tommorrow, with an expiration date of Friday.

But now it has vanished, and replaced with a bunch of stuff which wasn't even in the planner this morning.

I wondered whether this is localised to me, I have never had anything vanish from Anytime before, or whether Sky decided to get rid of it for some reason.

KeanosMagicHat

Novice Member
Disappeared for me too.

Probably due to the fact that like, '3:10 to Yuma' this was a film originally scheduled for SBO HD release that Sky decided to share for free early.

Will record the SMP HD version tonight 22:00.

mattclarkie

Novice Member
Disappeared for me too.

Probably due to the fact that like, '3:10 to Yuma' this was a film originally scheduled for SBO HD release that Sky decided to share for free early.

Will record the SMP HD version tonight 22:00.
I have put it down for record to, hopefully PremiereHD wont have any issues.

With Yuma it stayed until it expired on my box.

mattclarkie

Novice Member
Just as an update Catch and Release has just vanished in the last half an hour. I wasn't going to watch it, but someone in the house was going to.

I only have 2 things left, and now. Wonder what is going to go next. Seems Sky are sending some type of signal telling the box to get rid of Anytime content.

KeanosMagicHat

Novice Member
Just as an update Catch and Release has just vanished in the last half an hour. I wasn't going to watch it, but someone in the house was going to.

I only have 2 things left, and now. Wonder what is going to go next. Seems Sky are sending some type of signal telling the box to get rid of Anytime content.
Yep that's gone too.

What are Sky playing at? If I lose, "The Thin Red Line" that'll be annoying.

EDIT: Why's this thread been moved to HDTV programmes when it's about the loss of content from Anytime?

:confused:

mattclarkie

Novice Member
Yep that's gone too.

EDIT: Why's this thread been moved to HDTV programmes when it's about the loss of content from Anytime?

I was thinking that, basically killed the thread.

Except for 35mm, Thin Red Line is the only thing left, but that is planned to go tommorrow anyway.

D

dvdmike007

I too was planning to watch catch and release tonight this is bad for your stupid HDD wasting service sky, let mt turn it off and regain the space please

I

IanMerseyside

Yep that's gone too.

Excellent point

Goodoldbakes

Novice Member
. Seems Sky are sending some type of signal telling the box to get rid of Anytime content.
Wish it would tell mine to get rid of all the cartoon rubbish it keeps downloading! :mad:

Same thing happened to me with War. Noticed it was gone yesterday morning. Haven't noticed if any of the others are gone that you mentioned, probably cos I'm not that interested and haven't looked for them, but I'll check tonight.

KeanosMagicHat

Novice Member
Well I watched the SM Premiere showing and I really wish I'd seen the Anytime one.

Reason being the PQ was very, very good on SMP so I can only imagine it would have been outstanding on Anytime.

I added it to my recommendations thread on this forum with the comment,

"What is it with Jason Statham's Lionsgate productions? Crank is the best I've ever seen on Sky HD and whilst War doesn't quite match this, it is still a standout title."

EDIT: On another note, bizarrely Catch And Release came back onto my anytime yesterday ....

Alphawao

I just watched my SM Premiere HD recoding and it was 7% so I guess the PQ compressed, Damn you SKY it was a good film too I wished I watched the Anytime version (I was going to watch it Mon)

mattclarkie

Novice Member
I just watched my SM Premiere HD recoding and it was 7% so I guess the PQ compressed, Damn you SKY it was a good film too I wished I watched the Anytime version (I was going to watch it Mon)
When you approached the screen you did notice some compression issues, for example when the daughter was sitting in a leather chair, from a few feet away it looked very nasty.

At normal viewing distance War looked fine, but wouldn't say it was exceptional.

Alphawao

The picture looked OK when I watched it but I can only image the Anytime version being better as it would've been about 12%