Where has everyone gone?!

Morphies

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it me, or do most people appear to have lost the urge to game?

I regularly had in excess of 20 friends online at any one time after 7pm at night. These days there's around 4 or 6 people online...

I must say, I'm extremely bored with the current line up of games, which incidentally means I'm not on anywhere near as much... Maybe that's the problem?

Also, Party chat is the most anti-social thing to hit XBL in a long time. I'd image I've come across at least one decent gaming partner in an online match, but i was probably too busy talking to someone else in party chat who's playing a different game to actually meet them.

*sigh*

i agree

there are less people online but that may just be due to the climate and people working when they can as well as a lot say there are no good games etc

regarding party chat - when im playing with friends its good, it means you dont have americans and kids complaining and swearing at you etc

IGN headline "Credit Crunch Hits XBL!"

Oh I agree on the avoidance of the annoying children from the good old US of A. It's just you don't really meet new people on XBL anymore.

And new people are handy when the usual suspects are not online.

would say the summer being here has a lot to do with it..during the winter i'm on most night from 7 till late but during the summer try and get outside most nights from now till sept so am on a lot less

would say the summer being here has a lot to do with it..during the winter i'm on most night from 7 till late but during the summer try and get outside most nights from now till sept so am on a lot less
im sure i speak for most of AVF but whats "summer"?

I've read about summer, my question is where is "outside"?
no one said anything about "outside"
please, let not go there (literally)

i give up..:D

hmm... I've seen this before. Mansion on RSV2 has sun. I'm sure of it.

Anyone for a game in the sun tonight? Say 7:30pm onwards.

you're right, that should have been evenings, before the sun goes down, as hardcore gamers though none of you have seen the sun though, and would probably melt if exposed to it..

and you wonder why less people want to talk to you on live....:D

Nice work in this thread on perpetuating the stereotype of gamers being reclusive antisocial losers with no life. :D

Seriously though, I've definitely noticed a drop-off - where previously I would have 20-30 friends online each evening, these days it rarely reaches 20. I'd say it does has at least something to do with it aproaching summer. Even if the weather still sucks, every year we try to cod ourselves into thinking that we should be doing stuff outdoors because that's what people do in summertime. Mostly though, it's like mossy says: summer = slightly warmer rain.

Even if the weather still sucks,

try telling that to my sunburnt neck...painted the outside of the house over the weekend with my back to the sun all day..:mad:

hey, less with the "losers" :D

I spent most of yesterday afternoon walking round an Cannon Hall farm and adventure park with SWMBO. Was a nice afternoon. Sat and had dinner in the gardens of the Bluebell Inn just off the M1 around 5:30pm. Got home around 7pm, kids to bed then around 8pm had around 45 mins on R6V2 with randoms before becoming so bored I went to bed.

Grrr, I hate the sun in the late summer evenings, creates all sorts of reflections on my plasma screen from the window behind me when I'm gaming :D.

Then again I don't suppose its a very good idea to let melanin levels slip right off the scale either.

XB = winter pastime predominantly.

I guess it's because students at uni and in school are all revising and have exams, and as it's summer people would rather go out to a pub after work and sit in a beer garden to have a few drinks.

I'm not on-line any more because I cannot keep up with the DLC costs. I can't play GOW as I don't have the maps, I don't play halo as I don't have the maps... I buy the game... then have to keep buying it????? :mad:

I'm not on-line any more because I cannot keep up with the DLC costs. I can't play GOW as I don't have the maps, I don't play halo as I don't have the maps... I buy the game... then have to keep buying it????? :mad:

True it's becomming a joke now. I suppose you've got to expect with the 'big' games though as they obviously want to cash in.

I find playing CoD3 and Shadowrun more enjoyable, but of course it's nice to play more current and popular games.

Another tip I have is to buy a bunch of points when they are cheap. I got 4200 for £26 from Zavvi literally ages ago and I've still got about 200o left. Got the Snowblind maps - even though the game still annoys the heck out of me online, and the weekly deal Arcade games.

Spend them wisely and not only will your dlc be cheaper they'll last you a while.

I don't think with maps it's a case or more is better either.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom